SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSUCKS Dump Thread

geaux_sioux

Just now, SiouxVolley said:

Some people just metabolize different chemicals at different rates.  Some drugs have side effects in some people and are nearly absent in others.  The argument that only one bizzon tested positive for a supplement does not absolve every one.

Legally, it does.

Just now, bang said:

Andy Dufresne accused Warden Norton of being obtuse and he put Andy in the hole. 

I enjoy the "explaining" and how it's done at the Y. The NCAA ain't the Y. 

And how it's lesser because it's not the worst intentional thing that could've been done. 

Getting caught sucks. 

1 minute ago, SiouxVolley said:

Some people just metabolize different chemicals at different rates.  Some drugs have side effects in some people and are nearly absent in others.  

Might you test your own people to learn some of these rates and side effects? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I enjoy the "explaining" and how it's done at the Y. The NCAA ain't the Y. 

And how it's lesser because it's not the worst intentional thing that could've been done. 

Getting caught sucks. 

Dude...

You realize I was responding directly to people stating that players in NDSU’s history performed in a way that suggests they were taking steroids?

2 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I’m cool with being Andy in this scenario. We know who ended up on the winning end of that.

Be prepared to crawl thru a mile of !@#$ to get there. Zihuatanejo awaits my friend.  

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You realize I was responding directly to people stating that players in NDSU’s history performed in a way that suggests they were taking steroids?

Yes I do.
You were shading "stimulants" as better than "steroids". 

In the NCAA's shades both are black on a black/white scale.

And your beef's not with me. It's in Indianapolis. Their scale. 

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Yes I do.
You were shading "stimulants" as better than "steroids". 

In the NCAA's shades both are black on a black/white scale. 

I agree completely, in the eyes of the NCAA there isn’t  a distinction.

But in the eyes of the NCAA, they don’t make a distinction between Adderall and Heroin either.

One is used by over 50% of high school and college students with the permission of their parents in many cases and the other is one of the most devastating drugs to hit the streets.

I think it’s prudent among intelligent people to make distinctions that go slightly further than the NCAA’s black and white rules when we look at individual cases.

1 minute ago, Bison06 said:

But in the eyes of the NCAA, they don’t make a distinction between Adderall and Heroine either.

One is used by over 50% of high school and college students with the permission of their parents in many cases and the other is one of the most devastating drugs to hit the streets.

I think it’s prudent among intelligent people to make distinctions that go slightly further than the NCAA’s black and white rules when we look at individual cases.

I wonder if that argument will get Robbins his year back for taking a substance supplied to him by NDSU coaching staff?  

No one on this board has ever accused the NCAA of being intelligent.  Your at the right place if you want agreement on that.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, homer said:

I wonder if that argument will get Robbins his year back for taking a substance supplied to him by NDSU coaching staff?  

No one on this board has ever accused the NCAA of being intelligent.  Your at the right place if you want agreement on that.  

I’m not saying that the kid shouldn’t be assessed the appropriate penalty here. 

I’m only responding to those who are making a weak attempt to make the logic jump between BR testing positive for a stimulant and NDSU players in the past being on steroids.

But in the eyes of the NCAA, they don’t make a distinction between Adderall and Heroine either.

Bingo, I can see repeat offenders getting hit hard but this is just wrong. 

1 minute ago, Cratter said:

The family: "We're not going to name names."

Former Bison player: "oh that's easy. It was Newman."

The NDSU AD, Matt Larson, lied.

I think it’s more likely they are playing the political speech game, which I hate, but technically what the AD said is true. BN isn’t a coach or on staff at NDSU.

I’m not defending that language, but legally that technically protects the University, which is the AD’s job.

20 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Some people just metabolize different chemicals at different rates.  Some drugs have side effects in some people and are nearly absent in others.  The argument that only one bizzon tested positive for a supplement does not absolve every one.

Someone forgot the "cut off date" not to take the banned substance.

2 minutes ago, bang said:

Bingo, I can see repeat offenders getting hit hard but this is just wrong. 

It’s the rules so I guess they all have to play by them, but not making a distinction between different substances is just laziness by the NCAA. Not a bit surprising I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

I think it’s more likely they are playing the political speech game, which I hate, but technically what the AD said is true. BN isn’t a coach or on staff at NDSU.

I’m not defending that language, but legally that technically protects the University, which is the AD’s job.

True, but the AD also specifically stated he received it from another student-athlete. That comment is quoted directly in the article.

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Independent contractors still work for the University. 

The university hired, and paid, Newman.

The "staff/coach" part I'll give ya. Family saying "trusted staff member" cause they don't know how his employment with the university was set up.

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

A civil suit is probably where people will be held accountable on this one. Also, if NDSU doesn’t publicly come clean (doubtful, but perhaps they aren’t to blame) it may hurt them in recruiting. The public outcry from hanging a very good ND home grown kid will be terrible. 

3 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

True, but the AD also specifically stated he received it from another student-athlete. That comment is quoted directly in the article.

Maybe that’s true technically?

Again, polically speaking BN could have given it to one player to give to BR and then what he says is true. I’m just speculating, no insider knowledge.

doesnt make it right, just saying that I think the AD is likely choosing his words VERY carefully in his statement. He probably sought legal advice before making it.

1 minute ago, bang said:

A civil suit is probably where people will be held accountable on this one. Also, if NDSU doesn’t publicly come clean (doubtful, but perhaps they aren’t to blame) it may hurt them in recruiting. The public outcry from hanging a very good ND home grown kid will be terrible. 

Agreed, definitely not a good look and I would hope that even if legally NDSU has to isolate BR, behind the scenes they are being more cordial and accommodating to the family that trusted them with their son and his wellbeing.

Maybe that’s true technically?

Again, polically speaking BN could have given it to one player to give to BR and then what he says is true. I’m just speculating, no insider knowledge.

doesnt make it right, just saying that I think the AD is likely choosing his words VERY carefully in his statement. He probably sought legal advice before making it.

So than the mom is lying as she clearly states where he got it?