SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I kinda missed Hennessey’s comment at the beginning of the post game show. He said someone tweeted a derogatory remark equating UND to a squirt team that was practicing on the ice earlier. Does anyone know who for Duluth made that tweet? 

45 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

MafiaMan?

42 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Probably was @MafiaMan. He can be a real sarcastic SOB.

Hey, who are you calling sarcastic?

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

@DrunkHockeyGuy upset???

Besides Ciskie he is the most knowledgeable hockey guy in Minnesota when he isnt stumbling drunk into 6 year olds at the XCEL.....

or getting kicked off kfan... or making racist signs... it would be actually be a suprise relief for his handlers if he could take a few hours off from dumb stumbling drunkeness

• Upvote 2

OK, so after thinking last night that this team might not have any rocks, they come out wearing my favorite black uniforms, & beat UMD at their own game.  I knew this would be a season-defining game tonight.  Went the way I wasn't sure about. Very glad to see it.

Articles like this make me appreciate Brad:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/hockey/4537134-thumbs-thumbs-down-three-stars-shepard-shines-again-bulldogs-spend-too-much

He (Wellens) claims to be objective then clearly isn't. Rather than call Samberg out for getting burned on both goals he says it's because UND deliberately tried to involve Perunovich in matching penalties.

40 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Articles like this make me appreciate Brad:

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/hockey/4537134-thumbs-thumbs-down-three-stars-shepard-shines-again-bulldogs-spend-too-much

He (Wellens) claims to be objective then clearly isn't. Rather than call Samberg out for getting burned on both goals he says it's because UND deliberately tried to involve Perunovich in matching penalties.

No credit what-so-ever to the victors. You were outplayed by a depleted UND team. The refs cost the Bulldogs the game. Wolfe acted like a knucklehead both games. 

We have a new player Cole Shaw.

Wolff's ejection on Friday was for standing up for a teammate. He also took a Hawk with him, though again it was a fourth-liner who got scratched Saturday. No one is scolding Wolff for what he did Friday. That's a good penalty to take.

Saturday's was not. He was ejected for hitting Hawks junior wing Cole Shaw high, launching himself at the player at center ice.

10 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Weird game to watch,  pp is beyond terrible.  But we won.  That’s all that matters.  A split is all we needed.  On to next week.

Duluth ran into a hot goalie (believe I've heard that one before...) on Sat night.  In all seriousness too, had Duluth not been so undisciplined and taken 7 called penalties then UND may not have won despite their woeful pp.  At least those minutes short-handed kept Duluth on the defense rather than attacking.  That is about the only "positive" I can take away regarding UND's pp. 

1 minute ago, GDPritch said:

Duluth ran into a hot goalie (believe I've heard that one before...) on Sat night.  In all seriousness too, had Duluth not been so undisciplined and taken 7 called penalties then UND may not have won despite their woeful pp.  At least those minutes short-handed kept Duluth on the defense rather than attacking.  That is about the only "positive" I can take away regarding UND's pp. 

Or UND was missing forwards Jones, Adams, JJ and after one Kawaguchi. That's a lot of bodies not in the lineup. 

8 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

This is just how Berry rolls. Rotate until one guy stands out, roll him until he loses, then rotate again. 

I agree with you though. 

But didn't Scheel stand out in the 5 game win streak (though he started the bulk of those games)?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Goon said:

Or UND was missing forwards Jones, Adams, JJ and after one Kawaguchi. That's a lot of bodies not in the lineup. 

I hear you but I believe it's been woeful for the most part this season, hasn't it (not sure where their pp % ranks nationally)?