SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

How do you not exploit the aggressive forecheck on pp.

Our lack of talent/skill doesn't scare teams so they go with extreme pressure kills which suffocates our boys.  If you have some high-end talent, they'd pick that pressure apart and find open guys (who can bury the puck too) all day long.  Lack of skill combined with lack of scoring ability creates big problems.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Big A HG said:

Our lack of talent/skill doesn't scare teams so they go with extreme pressure kills which suffocates our boys.  If you have some high-end talent, they'd pick that pressure apart and find open guys (who can bury the puck too) all day long.  Lack of skill combined with lack of scoring ability creates big problems.

Shaw should be able to make an adjustment when Duluth started to do it.

1 minute ago, Big A HG said:

Our culture scares teams.  ;)

• Downvote 1

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Hey, gotta give our men and coaches some credit. Let’s bring it home.

Stating the obvious but the 3rd period, I believe, is huge.  I am not optimistic but I sure hope UND proves me wrong (they have a lot of times over the years when I've been Nancy negative lthough the past season and a half maybe not so true).   

3 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

Anderson reffing. He'll get things close to even on paper one way or another. 

They UMD homers are expecting power plays for the dogs in the third period. I guess they must have lobbied the NCHC supervisor in the press box or something. 

Fundraiser plug: UND alum's family is having a benefit tomorrow in Fargo at Shotgun Sally's 11-2p to raise money for cancer treatment.  Silent auction includes items such as autographed UND hockey jersey, autographed Toews Blackhawks jersey, autographed Carson Wentz helmet, and autographed NDSU football.  

• Upvote 2