SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

1 minute ago, iluvdebbies said:

They were. They called the ones that need to be called. They could have called more penalties, both ways......it is the best officiated game I've seen with a Todd Anderson crew. That said......if the penalty total would have been reversed a lot of our fans would have been bitching too.

Certainly no question about that, honestly. So, they should be the fanbase questioning their team's discipline? :D

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Goon said:

Ciskie doesn't drink. He told me that one time in passing. 

Could've fooled me, the guy is unhinged in his rants and must constantly be on twitter. I don't follow him but a lot of people that I do like or respond to stuff he posts so then I go down the rabbit hole to see how his team got screwed this time.  He's closing in on 200,000 tweets which is mind-blowing to me.  Join the real world buddy, take a breather and don't tweet 100 times per day. I think the best thing I've ever heard about social media is not everything that comes into your head is worthy of a tweet, in fact most things aren't.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Hahaha I guess I get what they are TRYING to say? The less time 5x5 we played, the easier the game. I get it... but giving us a PP on Saturday was not an advantage haha. 

Troof.... they blew our doors off on Friday and (much like many of our fan base) expected us not to show up on Sat. We played the type of game that has shown us success at times this year and we won the game. This team can be successful. Just need to play like we have when we have won games. We've all seen it...

Consistent, balls out, continual energy... all game long, no stopping.

After getting beat 5-0 in a series like this, a past UND hockey player in our group claimed the Saturday game was ours. Happens many times. Even with key players out.

Many fans in green didn't give up hope for Saturday, cheered on. That game on Saturday was well worth the watch after Friday.

Duluth's rant about the refs was not legit, if anything embellishment was a facor. 

1 hour ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Could've fooled me, the guy is unhinged in his rants and must constantly be on twitter. I don't follow him but a lot of people that I do like or respond to stuff he posts so then I go down the rabbit hole to see how his team got screwed this time.  He's closing in on 200,000 tweets which is mind-blowing to me.  Join the real world buddy, take a breather and don't tweet 100 times per day. I think the best thing I've ever heard about social media is not everything that comes into your head is worthy of a tweet, in fact most things aren't.

To clarify to any Godfather fans out there who know this scene...Mr. Ciskie is not in danger...he is just small time.  Don't let him bother you.

29 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

After getting beat 5-0 in a series like this, a past UND hockey player in our group claimed the Saturday game was ours. Happens many times. Even with key players out.

Many fans in green did give up hope for Sauturday, cheered on. That game on Saturday was well worth the watch after Friday.

Duluth's rant about the refs was not legit, if anything embellishment was a facor. 

Agreed! Lots of pride in that locker room and it showed on Saturday. 

7 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I knew that he would some how think Wolff's major was a clean shot to the head and after checking twitter he didn't disappoint.

We are so lucky to have TH.  Can't say that enough times. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I knew that he would some how think Wolff's major was a clean shot to the head and after checking twitter he didn't disappoint.

He really should stop tweeting during games because he’s clearly not paying full attention if he is. 

I saw today he posted a series recap blog on his station’s website that he rewatched the clip and was wrong on the Wolff hit and the correct call was made by the officials... 

Pretty sure he also lurks here. Know their TV guy does... super professional... 

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

When he leaves the void will be felt immediately.   Not to say another person wont step up and do a great job eventually, but Tim has been a gift.  And when he was with the other Tim, he was at his absolute best, IMO. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

IMO it shows that we play to the level of our opponents

And in the world of sports, one needs positivity. Let's take Brad's stat to inspire the team moving forward... A small morale victory. It is somewhat impressive! Still #UNDproud

They can't get any worse or have more injuries. Knock on wood! 

8 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Pretty sure he also lurks here. Know their TV guy does... super professional... 

Lurking here is fine, what better place to hone your college hockey knowledge? :wink:

Tweeting, as a media person, to poke fun at a meltdown here after an awful performance?  Less wise.

TH is great, we’re lucky to have him on the radio just like we are lucky to have Alex and Jake from  State Farm on MIDCO. Those clowns who did the UMD game were so one-sided they made us laugh, at least I thought they were trying to be funny with some of their homer comments. Our guys are homers, but they aren’t always wearing green glasses and their comments are generally fair to both teams. They won’t try to make us “unsee” what we just saw on the ice, like Wolf’s Saturday major was just a good clean hit, not even worth 2 minutes, after they showed it 5 times and he hit Smith in the head & Wolf his skates to do so every time they showed it!

As for UND this year, we will have to win a lot of 2-1 games. We can play defensively but obviously are having trouble putting it in the net. Getting healthy will help a ton, but even that will not give us another 3 goals/game. The Dogs series at Duluth was huge for us. Yes we lost 5-0, but take out the 2nd period or if Scheel had played the entire game or if Thome had not temporarily lost focus, Friday may have been respectable. Still a split on the road against a top 5 team is always acceptible. I’m guessing UMD will soon be ranked #1 again and may stay there most of the season. On the other end, Duluth’s goalie was on fire, we could have had 4 more goals over the weekend had he played a normal game(s). We won’t run over anyone this year, but if we can keep it close or low scoring, we will do all right. It’s not even Christmas break yet and we’re not healthy. Get everyone back from injuries, use the break to work on the things we need to improve on and hopefully 2019 will be enough to stay in the top 12 pairwise! Anything can happen if we just make it to the regional!

34 minutes ago, franchise said:

Sure, but what does that have to do with my comment?  That's how BSU wins.  They lack high end talent, play hard every shift, get a lead and then lock down and hold on.

You made it sound like it's a bad thing. If we gotta play like that to get wins, so be it.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, Godsmack said:

You must be a millennial and/or I’m an old fart because I’ve never heard of those bands before! I’ll have to go check ‘em out! I’m still stuck in the 1980’s (ala, Cinderella, Ratt, Megadeth, Eddie Belfour, Phil Sykes, Bob Joyce, Jon Casey, Jim Archibald, Gino Gasparini, etc). 

Heavy Metal Hockey

Ian Kidd wants to go to Detroit, too!

Discuss. :)

Dave

• Upvote 2

There is this strange belief out there that penalties should "even out" in a game. 

In a word: No

They might. They might not.
You put two clean teams out there and it'll be even and close to zero for both.
Put two whack-a-hack groups out there and it'll be even, at about a dozen each. 

But put a clean and a whack-a-hack together and it won't be even. It won't be close, or at least it shouldn't be.

This is not to say either team Saturday is a whack-a-hack group.
However, everyone has a bad day once in a while and might behave ala whack-a-hack and be called as such. If that day is again a clean team it'll look lopsided. 

But to believe every game should end up with "evened out" penalties is pure and utter fallacy. 

There have been many a night that UND has been whack-a-hack and parading to the box and penalties ended up very lopsided against them ... and fully deservedly so. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

There is this strange belief out there that penalties should "even out" in a game. 

In a word: No. 

They might. They might not.
You put two clean teams out there and it'll be even and close to zero for both.
Put two whack-a-hack groups out there and it'll be even, at about a dozen each. 

But put a clean and a whack-a-hack together and it won't be even. It won't be close, or at least it shouldn't be.

This is not to say either team Saturday is a whack-a-hack group.
However, everyone has a bad day once in a while and might behave ala whack-a-hack and be called as such. If that day is again a clean team it'll look lopsided. 

But to believe every game should end up with "evened out" penalties is pure and utter fallacy. 

14 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

Lurking here is fine, what better place to hone your college hockey knowledge:wink:

I use a UNDBIZ post here, that was just before yours, in showing that some think there is poster knowledge here.

I would say that UND has hockey knowledgeable fans and that a very strong majority of fans do not believe that penalties should even out in every game, or even any. 

One thing that I will say though is sometimes hockey refs will make a marginal call to even things out over a recent bad call, or missed call. But, this philosophy does not continue on in a way to even out total calls in a game. Fans aware of this also.