SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just going off what I heard the officials really cost Duluth this one.  Normally the NCHC officiating events out, but Duluth playing a man down from chintzy calls was the difference.  Leaving your feet to make head contact is a good hockey play, and its unfortunate hits like that are called this day in age.  

I'm stupid to begin with, but listening to those clowns call a game cost me more brain cells. 

I might listen to Bruce next time.

1 minute ago, SiouxScore said:

Heck of a bounce back effort tonight. Thought they did a much better job of taking away time and space but the biggest difference was they played a lot harder tonight. Guys made some of the tough plays and battled through contact to get to where they were supposed to be instead of giving up an opportunity because you didn't work through contact. They got a couple of skilled guys to finish on a couple of chances but still left a ton on the ice. The powerplay was terrible and I think with the way the roster is right now it would be best to go to a more simplified powerplay where you just try to get a couple guys like Gardner and Smith in front of the net and work for point shots for JBD and Poolman. Very frustrating to not be able to add another goal with all the opportunities but this roster isn't changing anytime soon which likely means the finishing ability isn't gonna change either. This team is going to have to find different ways to win. Like playing tough physical defensive hockey. I wasn't a huge fan of giving Thome the start last night and after tonight I hope Berry has figured out he needs to ride Scheel for a while. He is capable of stealing a game here or there.

For me, especially against a team like Duluth, Thome plays out of position way too often, which can be deadly with Duluth's cross ice passes.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Lack  of discipline , poor power play what next. Berry has zero control , looks like the head coach in the water boy,hide on the bench it might get better. This game ends up 6-2 UMD.

Another great comment and prediction.

• Upvote 1

My Gosh, Berry is the best coach in UND history!

in all seriousness, we had one bad period this weekend, but it was terrible.

overall the split is good and hopefully it tuned the boys up for Denver. If you can split against DU or somehow steal a sweep, we are in a much different place.

• Upvote 2

I kinda missed Hennessey’s comment at the beginning of the post game show. He said someone tweeted a derogatory remark equating UND to a squirt team that was practicing on the ice earlier. Does anyone know who for Duluth made that tweet? 

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

I kinda missed Hennessey’s comment at the beginning of the post game show. He said someone tweeted a derogatory remark equating UND to a squirt team that was practicing on the ice earlier. Does anyone know who for Duluth made that tweet? 

@Godsmack The Duluth TV guy Tweeted about the youth team that was on the ice before the game, and he said it was the UND hockey team for their morning skate. Apparently, he deleted the tweet, but word got back to the team. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

He said it one of the TV guys.  Not sure who.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Just going off what I heard the officials really cost Duluth this one.  Normally the NCHC officiating events out, but Duluth playing a man down from chintzy calls was the difference.  Leaving your feet to make head contact is a good hockey play, and its unfortunate hits like that are called this day in age.  

I'm stupid to begin with, but listening to those clowns call a game cost me more brain cells. 

You would think that someone who played the game at that level, Medak, would have a little objectivity, but some of the whining made it seem like he was a rookie fan of a team that only views things one way.  If he was a fan of UND, I would expect him to say that Kawaguchi was only trying to help the guy adjust his cup!

• Upvote 1

Just now, scpa0305 said:

Weird game to watch,  pp is beyond terrible.  But we won.  That’s all that matters.  A split is all we needed.  On to next week.

With Guch getting tossed tonight, UND was down like three or four of their top players. I'll take it. The remaining players were the not so prolific players we were discussing last night. I thought it was a character win this weekend. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Goon said:

With Guch getting tossed tonight, UND was down like three or four of their top players. I'll take it. The remaining players were the not so prolific players we were discussing last night. I thought it was a character win this weekend. 

Agreed.