SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMD GAMEDAY

Langster019

16 minutes ago, keikla said:

Concern for a freshman handling the workload and end-of-season exhaustion is the only feasible reason I see for not just going with Scheel for awhile.  It should be his net until he proves otherwise.  Not only is he simply better, I also haven't seen him throw any little hissy fits that result in a delay of game penalty and goal...

I haven't been on SS for awhile, so I apparently missed something along the way.  What's with all the comments about UND players reading fan forums or twitter during intermission?

Thome had the right to do what he did. You go out there and stop a puck without a blocker. That was Hersey Bar and Botox’s fault.  Botox was the top official his responsibility to watch away from the play. Hersey bar for not listening at all the und guys yelling at him the goalie doesn’t have a glove.  

For a rule book that throws its self on the sword of player safety. The goalie losing equipment rule is stupid. It states play must be stopped for a goalie without a helmet, blocker or glove; if a goal or a penalty is called first the official must count those and admit their mistake. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GDPritch said:

But didn't Scheel stand out in the 5 game win streak (though he started the bulk of those games)?

Yes, Scheel started all 5 games of the win streak, but then he started when we lost to Miami and then rotation started again.

Which, for the record, I was not a fan of. Should’ve never gone back to a rotation. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

No credit what-so-ever to the victors. You were outplayed by a depleted UND team. The refs cost the Bulldogs the game. Wolfe acted like a knucklehead both games. 

We have a new player Cole Shaw.

That writer is trash. His preview article was trash too. Could he at least try to be objective? 

The comments on Rieger (“actually a defenseman playing first game of the season at forward”), Bowen (“4th liner who was scratched for Saturday’s game”) and Weatherby (“1 goal, 1 assist”) were not at all necessary and there to display our “inferiority” to the Bulldogs. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

That writer is trash. His preview article was trash too. Could he at least try to be objective? 

The comments on Rieger (“actually a defenseman playing first game of the season at forward”), Bowen (“4th liner who was scratched for Saturday’s game”) and Weatherby (“1 goal, 1 assist”) were not at all necessary and there to display our “inferiority” to the Bulldogs. 

I read that, too. He was out with an injury. UMD is a program that oozes arrogance right now. Yes, they're a good program, but they're not world beaters. Listening to Sandy's post-game comments, he was complaining about the officiating and that was a factor why his team lost. It could have been a tie without all of the PIMs. 

Just now, Goon said:

I read that, too. He was out with an injury. UMD is a program that oozes arrogance right now. Listening to Sandy's post-game comments, he was whining about the officiating and that was the major reason his team lost. It could have been a tie without all of the PIMs. 

Their fans thought Bowen was out because he was scared of Wolff. 

Wolff has been ejected in each of the last three games against us. 

Just now, siouxforce19 said:

Their fans thought Bowen was out because he was scared of Wolff. 

Wolff has been ejected in each of the last three games against us. 

Wolff has one more game misconduct and he's suspended for one game. 

9 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Yes he is. 

I think UND was in his head. During last night's game, Wolff was jawing pretty hard with Rieger in the penalty box and I thought it was funny. I think he's kind of a hot head, too. So, that defenseman playing first game of the season at forward ended up being pretty useful. I actually think that Rieger does a pretty good job as a fourth-line forward.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Duluth ran into a hot goalie (believe I've heard that one before...) on Sat night.  In all seriousness too, had Duluth not been so undisciplined and taken 7 called penalties then UND may not have won despite their woeful pp.  At least those minutes short-handed kept Duluth on the defense rather than attacking.  That is about the only "positive" I can take away regarding UND's pp. 

Ya, if not for all those pps we lost.  If the calls were reversed we lose like the night before.  We have too many reasonably skilled guys for the pp to be that bad.

11 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Has anyone been able to check on DHG and Ciskie today?
After their twitter ranting about the officiating last night, I can only imagine that they drank themselves into a (further) stupor.  

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody cares about those twats, does it make a sound?

Discussing them validates their sharing of their every thought.

44 minutes ago, brianvf said:

After their twitter ranting about the officiating last night, I can only imagine that they drank themselves into a (further) stupor.  

It's a shame that Ciskie is allowed to call hockey games.  I looked at his twitter because I knew he would be upset about the clear as day major on Wolf.

Guy knows zero about hockey, other than where the buffet line is at the press box. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

Ciskie doesn't drink. He told me that one time in passing.