SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Northern Arizona Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

So the hockey vs football argument, we are really going to start that already, 90 minutes after the FB season ended?

OK, I'll play............

Born and raised in small town ND, 100 miles from GF.  Big sports fan.  Had no idea that UND had a hockey program until halfway through my first freshman semester in the fall of 1996.  

Currently a season ticket holder for both sports.  So can't we all just get along?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

All this has to do with is the state of UND football and nothing else so leave all the rest out of it so we can focus on the problem at hand . 

I apologize for starting this dumpster fire.... all I'm saying is we need to find some no nonsense coaches who have serious expectations and expect to get the job done.... somebody needs to hit the guys down south in the mouth and the last few years have shown no one can do it but us.... so let's get serious and do it.  Quit screwin' around....get some coaches.  

3 minutes ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

I apologize for starting this dumpster fire.... all I'm saying is we need to find some no nonsense coaches who have serious expectations and expect to get the job done.... somebody needs to hit the guys down south in the mouth and the last few years have shown no one can do it but us.... so let's get serious and do it.  Quit screwin' around....get some coaches.  

Everyone here shares that sentiment 

That decision to punt on 4th down an 1 was a last straw.  Did Bubba really believe the defense was so fail safe that NAU wouldn’t make a 1st down?  Then the defense gave up a long march for a TD.  

Chaves better spring into action.  Something must be done to rectify this sorry coaching staff.  Think even the players are thinking WTF.

30 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

What’s yours, tough guy?  You think a college football fan of Texas, Alabama, or Ohio State can tell the difference between NDSU and UND football? 

I live down in WY and the two ND colleges get mixed up all the time. Without bohl being here I bet not many would know either.

The sad thing is that Bubba isn't leaving unless he wants to.  The only way I see him leaving is a resignation/reassignment at the university somewhere.

There were what....5,000 people at a must win game at the Alerus center last weekend for senior day????  Its out there for the world to see, but our AD will stay with the status quo.

I hope I'm wrong and will eat the huge dish of crow if Bubba gets canned. 

Just now, Kab said:

Even if bubba cans all the coaches the new ones would follow bubbas coaching philosophy which sucks so we wouldn’t be much better off

How did Alabama football look in the 10 or so years preceding their current coach’s arrival?

#ChangeIsGood

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The sad thing is that Bubba isn't leaving unless he wants to.  The only way I see him leaving is a resignation/reassignment at the university somewhere.

There were what....5,000 people at a must win game at the Alerus center last weekend for senior day????  Its out there for the world to see, but our AD will stay with the status quo.

I hope I'm wrong and will eat the huge dish of crow if Bubba gets canned. 

Chaves should be asking for the resignation tonight. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bincitysioux said:

Well to be fair, by that point in the game it was obvious that the offense wasn't going  to be doing anything.  The defense likely had just as much chance to score, so might as well punt it to get them a bit closer to the goal line.  Quite sad really.

I thought bincitysioux post was sort of tongue in cheek, but I guess not:

"I thought to go for it there, there was enough time to pin them," Schweigert said. "Cade had a good day but that wasn't what we were looking for. We were looking to pin them and force a mistake because we were playing good defense."

47 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I think I am more bothered by #1.   I am not sure how a HC can be that oblivious to a QB who is struggling mightily in a huge game.   It is not like Ketts effectiveness had not been sliding over at least the last half of the season.