SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Northern Arizona Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

I disagree.  Every time Kett feels ANY pressure he ducks and falls to the ground.  Did you see something different?  How many sacks would we of had if Kett was NAU's QB today?

We wouldn’t have any. Their QB didn’t feel that much pressure. And my opinion on Kett is season long, not as of 1 or 2 games. I agree he went down quick today, but I don’t think he had time or receivers. Not sure what people want him to do in that position.

You could see right away that Kett just didn't have it today. It happens. Similar to a good goalie just not feeling it, he needed to be pulled early on. His body language was terrible and you could tell he didn't really want to be on the field. He slowly got up after each hit, hobbled a bit like he might pull himself out injured, and then when the coaches took no notice he trudged back to the huddle.

The fact he was left in is hard to understand. Bubba too nice to overrule Rudy and Rudy too far from the field to see what's in front of him? 

• Like 1

Just now, siouxfan512 said:

We wouldn’t have any. Their QB didn’t feel that much pressure. And my opinion on Kett is season long, not as of 1 or 2 games. I agree he went down quick today, but I don’t think he had time or receivers. Not sure what people want him to do in that position.

We can agree to disagree.  Last 3 games he has been bad and the trend line has been trending down.

2 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

When was the last game the offense was decent?  The QB play decent?  Last 3 games its been bad.

I would put the Idaho game in the average category, the last two weeks have been unwatchable. The main difference is as bad as they were the last two games, the offense didn't actually lose the game against PSU like they did against NAU. I would have taken any offense in the country today over ours. 

1 minute ago, SWSiouxMN said:

There is a good chunk of this fanbase that will look at this result and the last two years and go *Gee, we cut WIH two years ago and the FB program is performing about the same as it was when we had the sport.. why the hell did it cut again?  

There are people who think that WIH was cut for FB, and those fans will come out the woodwork and rip on UND for the cut. 

This is why a shakeup is needed.  You can't keep going 6-5

K. I was kind of kiddding... but sort of the same thing could happen... the womens hockey team couldn't even get to the playoffs cuz the league was so tough... if we don't up our game (i.e. coaches) we could get crushed every weekend.  We're either serious or we're not....

2 minutes ago, Hockeygirl97 said:

K. I was kind of kiddding... but sort of the same thing could happen... the womens hockey team couldn't even get to the playoffs cuz the league was so tough... if we don't up our game (i.e. coaches) we could get crushed every weekend.  We're either serious or we're not....

But women's hockey sort of isn't a real sport. So not really comparable. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

This team put up 40 point* for three straight games this year.

Now they can't beat a crap NAU. Something smells fishy.

I seriously don’t know if Izzy and Toivenon were that important to this offense but the slump started when they went out.  

Offense struggled as a whole today. 

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Our guys need to wake the !@#$ up. The announcers can even tell that they’re flat. How the hell can you be flat with what’s at stake? That’s on Bubba.

The players have zero confidence in the Bubba and the coaching staff.  They know they are being out coached every week.  Bad personell decisions, inability to adapt, combined with an antiquated offensive scheme.   

• Upvote 1

Just now, ep92501 said:

The players have zero confidence in the Bubba and the coaching staff.  They know they are being out coached every week.  Bad personell decisions, inability to adapt, combined with an antiquated offensive scheme.   

I saw that in the body language of the team today.  not sure how Bubba recovers from this.

2 minutes ago, homer said:

I seriously don’t know if Izzy and Toivenon were that important to this offense but the slump started when they went out.  

Offense struggled as a whole today. 

But that will continue next year as injuries caused UND to suck last year too.

Can't wait for an anomaly year of having every key player healthy all season to finally be good.

4 minutes ago, ep92501 said:

Talked to a father of a player last week and he indicated that to me

didnt know who he was, we just started talking and that came up in the conversation

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Although i don't necessarily disagree, I'll take the opinion of the family of a player still upset over the fall camp 2 deep with a grain of salt here. 

You are probably correct, it did look like the effort dropped for UND as the game wore on and the frustration level was rising.  The last couple of offensive and defensive series it looked like they quit to me.