SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Northern Arizona Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, rochsioux said:

No chance this inept coaching staff will bring in a new QB. They should have done it earlier in the game and didn’t. They certainly won’t now. 

They should have done it after week 4 when his regression became obvious.  How could Bubba let's this continue all the way through the season.  It is a perfect expample of his mindset.  We are going to be the bottom of the barrel in the MVFC unless Bubba goes soon.  They need to get a new guy in fast with a new scheme so he can start recruiting.  What good offensive skill players would join this program as it is?

• Upvote 1

Can't give a pass to ANY aspect of this team's play today. Been sad to watch as they've regressed in seemingly every phase of the game this season -- except maybe special teams, which had no where to go but up. And that's a problem with coaching, not players. 

There were lots of reasons offense sucked. But you can’t candy coat it.  kett’s overall qb play was really bad. He just simply lost his ability to make proper decisions on the field. He was sleep walking out there most of the time. At crunch time when time and yardage was critical he didn’t even get a  play off in time. Inexcusable. Ouch. I think he went to turf before they even made contact some times or it sure seemed like it. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

But that will continue next year as injuries caused UND to suck last year too.

Can't wait for an anomaly year of having every key player healthy all season to finally be good.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you.  The production just fell off the table when those guys went down but it’s no excuse.  

I’m in agreement with most on this board today.  I would have went to the backup early or at some point before today.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, homer said:

Don’t get me wrong, I agree with you.  The production just fell off the table when those guys went down but it’s no excuse.  

I’m in agreement with most on this board today.  I would have went to the backup early or at some point before today.  

The QB and offensive production started south at UNC and never recovered.   Kett was 9 of 16 for 123 yards in that game with 1 pick.

1 hour ago, Feff said:

Rudy needs to be gone. Kostich needs to be gone. Gotta evaluate Schmidt. Bubba needs to look at early retirement. 

It all starts at the top.  Bubba has to go and they need to clean house now.  The entire attitude of the program has to change, and this is a great time to do it going into the MVFC.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

True...but at least some fans outside of the state were AWARE that the University of North Dakota had womens hockey...unlike football.  

Is this a serious comment?  No offense but do you know how few people outside of Minnesota, North Dakota and Massachusetts even know North Dakota has a men’s hockey team?

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

True...but at least some fans outside of the state were AWARE that the University of North Dakota had womens hockey...unlike football.  

This is completely untrue. 

"Fans outside of the state" are definitely more aware and willing to follow the most popular sport in the country (football) than lowly women's ice hockey. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

Is this a serious comment?  No offense but do you know how few people outside of Minnesota, North Dakota and Massachusetts even know North Dakota has a men’s hockey team?

If I had a nickel for every time I tell someone that I went to UND who immediately responded with, “you Bison have an awesome football team up there,” I’d be a rich man.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

"Fans outside of the state" are definitely more aware and willing to follow the most popular sport in the country (football) than lowly women's ice hockey. 

I work with someone whose daughter goes to NDSU...she didn’t even know North Dakota had a football team.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

D1 Women’s hockey will cease to exist at universities other than the B1G where football shares the huge $$$$$$.   Handwriting  is on the wall.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MafiaMan said:

If I had a nickel for every time I tell someone that I went to UND who immediately responded with, “you Bison have an awesome football team up there,” I’d be a rich man.  

So they follow successful FCS football ... that's a positive and shows the importance of having successful FCS football.  How many times did they ask about women's ice hockey? We all know women's ice hockey is rarely, if ever, a point of random conversation. Now, college football is a completely different story. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

And your point?  This is exactly why UND needs to make a change.  Football is the largest marketing machine a university has.