SiouxSports.com Forum

UND - Northern Arizona Game Day Thread

SiouxFan100

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Down 8 under 7 to play and 4th down and short on the NAU side of the 50 was surrender. 

And gross resignation by the coaching staff.

If our new AD didn't recognize this as well this FB program is another decade plus from being relevant

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

I thought Bubba’s expression on the sideline reflected his knowledge of exactly that.  Would not be totally surprised if he resigned.

If he really cared about UND FB he would.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

And your point?  This is exactly why UND needs to make a change.  Football is the largest marketing machine a university has. 

I’d agree with that.  Let’s hope UND’s next football coach isn’t one step away from Shady Acres Assisted Living Facility and can instill some youthful enthusiasm into the program.

6 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

In football coaching is paramount.  

This is so true. Culture (winning attitude) is based on coaching. Recruiting is based on coaching. Philosophy and scheme is based on coaching. 

I will post what @SiouxVolley posted earlier. It is a good read for anyone wanting to relate coaching and program building to an actual example. 

https://medium.com/therecord/syracuse-football-the-art-of-building-a-program-4b5120588046

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Down 8 under 7 to play and 4th down and short on the NAU side of the 50 and punting was surrender. 

And gross resignation by the coaching staff.

Well to be fair, by that point in the game it was obvious that the offense wasn't going  to be doing anything.  The defense likely had just as much chance to score, so might as well punt it to get them a bit closer to the goal line.  Quite sad really.

Just now, Midwestern Hawk said:

Again I love UND hockey but venture out of Minnesota or North Dakota and mention collegiate hockey and you will get a blank stare.

False.  I've lived in both Colorado and Michigan and there are definitely college hockey fans in these states.  Plus the entire New England region.  In the NCAA world football is bigger.  In the UND world hockey is and always will be bigger.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, WiSioux said:

It tells you how bad the football program is when you're all proudly proclaiming that there are more football fans than women's hockey fans.  Congrats, the football program has fallen to a new low.

WIH fans shouldn't have brought it up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, WiSioux said:

It tells you how bad the football program is when you're all proudly proclaiming that there are more football fans than women's hockey fans.  Congrats, the football program has fallen to a new low.

Nobody is proudly proclaiming that, they are just stating facts. 

1 minute ago, bincitysioux said:

Well to be fair, by that point in the game it was obvious that the offense wasn't going  to be doing anything.  The defense likely had just as much chance to score, so might as well punt it to get them a bit closer to the goal line.  Quite sad really.

Important to note that the lack of 4th down offense has came up multiple times throughout the season. Interesting (and quite disappointing) that it was a recurring issue all season for UND football. 

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This is so true. Culture (winning attitude) is based on coaching. Recruiting is based on coaching. Philosophy and scheme is based on coaching. 

I will post what @SiouxVolley posted earlier. It is a good read for anyone wanting to relate coaching and program building to an actual example. 

https://medium.com/therecord/syracuse-football-the-art-of-building-a-program-4b5120588046

No matter how good players are if they don’t believe in you......well we have been watching that the last month or so.