SiouxSports.com Forum

2019 UND Recruiting

UNDBIZ

1 hour ago, Ozzie82 said:

Huh? Recruiting is about many things, but primarily it's about relationships, and Danny JUST got the job. One of the reasons the QB signed with NDSU - he had established longer term relationship with the coaches and staff (championships don't hurt, obviously). The time to see what Danny's recruiting chops are would be exactly a year from now. He'll have game film to show recruits instead of theories, and he'll have a better chance to establish relationships with the player, their family, and his coaches.

UND missed and couldn’t close on their initial choices for QB. That is a fact and is reality. 

Dont be bitter about it towards me. 

I agree that QB recruiting will be far better if Freund has a good first year running the offense. His offense will be very important for UND football in ‘19, because we will get what we have got in terms of defense with Bubba and Schmidt. 

Happy for the Michigan kid at QB. Good high school accolades. Best of luck in Freund’s offense.

42 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Jeez are you serious? Have some perspective on the situation and variables involved.

You two deserve each other.

See my post above. Sensitive much? UND missed on top targets - fact.

UND is 9-13 over the past 2 seasons - fact.

Deal with reality better. 

I hope UND is much better next season.

After checking out Schusters film he’ll need to tighten up his motion a bit as he brings the ball down in his windup. He’s are isn’t explosive but he does a great job of throwing the the WRs eyes. Looks to have a good feel of pressure and escaping in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field. Hopefully in his rs year he tightens some things up and his arm get a little stronger. He’s got the accuracy and touch which are the two most important traits for a qb.

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

I’d say a smashing success considering how he closed out the class with huge gets and recoving after a very late decommit by the qb we’ve had a verbal from for months.

I wouldn’t describe the situation as success, especially as “smashing success,” but otherwise I agree there is good potential. 

2 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I wouldn’t describe the situation as success, especially as “smashing success,” but otherwise I agree there is good potential. 

When have you ever considered anything a success regarding this program? Seriously, you have got to be one of the biggest negative nancies I have ever seen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

More kickers please. You can never have enough! Qb competition be damned.

With how important kickers are, it baffles me that teams typically don't offer kickers scholarships.  They win and lose games.

42 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

After checking out Schusters film he’ll need to tighten up his motion a bit as he brings the ball down in his windup. He’s are isn’t explosive but he does a great job of throwing the the WRs eyes. Looks to have a good feel of pressure and escaping in the pocket and keeps his eyes down field. Hopefully in his rs year he tightens some things up and his arm get a little stronger. He’s got the accuracy and touch which are the two most important traits for a qb.

I think he will do well with Freund.  Have a feeling that there will be a lot of short passes, and his accuracy will be great for that, despite not appearing to have the best arm strength.  He can't be any worse than the QB's we've had all through D1 (besides the North Carolina guy).  I mean our QB's haven't even been able to consistently throw screen passes on target.

44 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

WHAT?  You're not happy with the situation?

YOU?? 
Shocking!

• Upvote 1

Still wish they would have taken a chance on Jenson Beachy from Perham. Maybe a PWO was offered? Not to disrespect MSU-Moorhead, he has the potential to be better than that. Or maybe MSUM will let him try hoops as well...

Did the QB from Willmar end up signing somewhere today?

21 minutes ago, choyt3 said:

Still wish they would have taken a chance on Jenson Beachy from Perham. Maybe a PWO was offered? Not to disrespect MSU-Moorhead, he has the potential to be better than that. Or maybe MSUM will let him try hoops as well...

Did the QB from Willmar end up signing somewhere today?

Beachy - A nice player for a gimmicky offense in high school full of dinks, dunks and scambles, but, C'Mon Man!!