SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 9:48 AM, jdub27 said:

Band a group of girls together and petition the NDSU admin. If there is interest on campus, their Title IX compliance says they have to provide the sport.

exactly....move some money from football over and see what happens..

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cberkas said:

St Could makes the mistake and hires Idalski 

SCSU attendance is down double digits and cuts within educational programs are constant. He's gonna find out really fast that there is no champagne and caviar in St. Cloud, it's bologna and saurkraut. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, CMSioux said:

SCSU attendance is down double digits and cuts within educational programs are constant. He's gonna find out really fast that there is no champagne and caviar in St. Cloud, it's bologna and saurkraut. 

What about recruiting junkets to Scandinavia? 

50 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I died laughing at this :lol::lol::lol:

THIS IS SERIOUS!!  The china communist connection means they will be spying on Ikea in Minneapolis and probably recruit players FROM CHINA that will fart excessively and destroy the environment or at least report to their government they were trying to do that. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

< sigh > 

https://www.inforum.com/opinion/columns/mcfeely-north-dakota-high-school-graduates-file-federal-lawsuit-against-und-for-cutting-womens-hockey 

Their efforts would be better spent raising funds for an endowment to restart the program. Instead they keep tilting at windmills. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, FSSD said:

It's clear that this group wants a pound of flesh on this deal.

It finally dawned on me that it's not really UND on trial here but the law firm that gave UND the legal advice prior to pulling the trigger.  Any chance that it's the law firm that these lawyers are truly after, maybe some sort of personal vendetta or beef?

Based on the article, I'm letting McFeely interpret the lawsuit, two things stick out.

1. Issue that is being attacked is the way UND calculates the opportunities for females athletes, claiming they over report that number.
  2.  Call for the court to require UND to provide equal opportunity "by sponsoring additional women's sports", in the same paragraph they do mention in a quote "particularly intercollegiate ice hockey"

Unless I'm reading this wrong and as odd as this sounds, but this lawsuit might actually have more merit then the original. All UND has to do and I'm guessing they had to do it originally, but prove it out that there are equal opportunities. Done deal. Where this one differs (I believe) is if you're UND and this somehow doesn't go your way, at worst, you have to add an additional women's sport. Add back Women's Swimming and Diving. That cost about 1/4 UND Women's hockey did. 

My major issue with the original lawsuit was what made Women's hockey so much more special then Women's Soccer or Swimming and Diving. This one seems to take that specificity of the actual sport out of play.