SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

21 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Now that the gold medal game is over.

Now all the fans wanting UND to add back womans hockey will disappear for another 4 years. When the twins talk about womans Olympic hockey again

All the fans?  You mean both of them?;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 2/17/2022 at 12:26 AM, cberkas said:

Now that the gold medal game is over.

Now all the fans wanting UND to add back womans hockey will disappear for another 4 years. When the twins talk about womans Olympic hockey again

Schlosh fans the flames with his tweets about the Olympians that are former players and players who committed to UND

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

It does get old.

Someone on Social Media will say something along the lines of

"I can't believe UND dropped women's hockey" or "Are they trying to bring back women's hockey" or "It is disgraceful they don't have women's hockey"

Someone responds

"Just 60 million to reboot" or "Did you go to any games or support the program in any way?"

crickets

wait a couple weeks and another uniformed virtue signaling idiot starts the cycle again.

Also the total fixation with just women's hockey... as if men's and women's swimming & diving weren't also chopped and men's golf defunded.  Surprised (and I think this part is a good thing, don't get me wrong) with the rise of girls wrestling in North Dakota why isn't NDSU being urged to add the sport. I mean, where are these young ladies going to have to go to compete in college??!! Leave the state? No, not that!  

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Also the total fixation with just women's hockey... as if men's and women's swimming & diving weren't also chopped and men's golf defunded.  Surprised (and I think this part is a good thing, don't get me wrong) with the rise of girls wrestling in North Dakota why isn't NDSU being urged to add the sport. I mean, where are these young ladies going to have to go to compete in college??!! Leave the state? No, not that!  

Don't forget about Baseball 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Schlosh fans the flames with his tweets about the Olympians that are former players and players who committed to UND

He needs to give it a rest, I’m glad I have no desire to read his articles anyways because I’m not subscribing to that garbage. He really is a traitor to all sports at UND except hockey 

• Downvote 1

I am disappointed that UND womens hockey was canceled and wish they would bring it back. I also supported it and even bought season tickets for the family. It was great, I put my money where my mouth was. However I never understood the vocal people who would complain and get upset that UND got rid of the program but never supported the team by going. The most exciting seasons were obviously when the the Lammy twins played. I had season tickets back when Shantell Rivard coached to the year they decided to fold the program. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, cberkas said:

One, no one just going to give $60 Million without guaranties and those other sports that had smaller budgets are going to be asking why not them.

Hope that guy isn't really a lawyer.  Would hate to have someone like that as my lawyer with such tunnel vision and lack of common sense. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tnt said:

Hope that guy isn't really a lawyer.  Would hate to have someone like that as my lawyer with such tunnel vision and lack of common sense. 

I wouldn’t want him as my lawyer either.  But he’s the best writer/journalist  in all of college hockey.   Glad we have him writing UND hockey for now. 

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

I wouldn’t want him as my lawyer either.  But he’s the best writer/journalist  in all of college hockey.   Glad we have him writing UND hockey for now. 

I'm talking about Jason McLean @Fargolawyer that responded to Schlossman's Olympic post. 

• Upvote 1