SiouxSports.com Forum

UND to cut women's hockey

UND92

21 hours ago, Benny Baker said:

Really hate the "sloppy, clumsy way it was announced - with the team on the ice, practicing" narrative.  NCAA allowed one hour of organized practice time per week.  Everyone saw the writing on the wall and knew the date and time the announcement was going to be made.  Idalski knowingly scheduled that one hour practice at the exact same time the announcement was going to be made. He did it for optics and to throw egg on his employer's face.  Shame on him.

And yeah, UND (men's) hockey has a great tradition, which makes it all the more embarrassing that despite that tradition, the hockey facilities, the heralded Lammy twins, and a parade of European Olympians, UND women's hockey never managed to win a single NCAA playoff game.  Ever.  EVER.

Idalski is 100% to blame for the initial reaction from players.  I don't doubt the stories of players getting emotional because the program was cut are real.  Idalski knew for a fact the program was (excuse the pun) on this ice and that the chances of it being cut were overwhelming.  And that may have been his plan all along.  To make the admiration look bad by keeping his players in the dark about what could happen, practicing and bringing a recruit in the very day they cut the program.  You can blame the UND administration all you want, but the initial backlash from players players is ALL on him. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Idalski is 100% to blame for the initial reaction from players.  I don't doubt the stories of players getting emotional because the program was cut are real.  Idalski knew for a fact the program was (excuse the pun) on this ice and that the chances of it being cut were overwhelming.  And that may have been his plan all along.  To make the admiration look bad by keeping his players in the dark about what could happen, practicing and bringing a recruit in the very day they cut the program.  You can blame the UND administration all you want, but the initial backlash from players players is ALL on him. 

I think anyone with a passing interest in UND Athletics knew the program was very likely to be cut. When UND hired a law firm that specializes in dotting i's and crossing t's with regards to Title 9 compliance most people could put 2 and 2 together from there.

2 hours ago, petey23 said:

I think anyone with a passing interest in UND Athletics knew the program was very likely to be cut. When UND hired a law firm that specializes in dotting i's and crossing t's with regards to Title 9 compliance most people could put 2 and 2 together from there.

So in the UND contract is that firm liable for defending any lawsuits that come out of their recommendation to the university??? I seriously wonder if anyone ever reads the contract before signing…..

10 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Idalski didn't ruin the program, it was terrible before he took over and he made it a bit better.  It was never great.  

It never could take the next step.  Always had those headscratching losses that cost them NCAA tournament bids.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So in the UND contract is that firm liable for defending any lawsuits that come out of their recommendation to the university??? I seriously wonder if anyone ever reads the contract before signing…..

Probably depends on whether you're buying an opinion, or insurance.

Just because you die on the operating table doesn't mean the surgeon committed malpractice.  Calculated risks and informed consent and all that.

5 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Probably depends on whether you're buying an opinion, or insurance.

Just because you die on the operating table doesn't mean the surgeon committed malpractice.  Calculated risks and informed consent and all that.

Man I need to be a lawyer. Lawyers alway get paid whether they do a good job or bad. I would be fired if my recommendations failed in a fiery wreck. Obviously nothing is a 100% guarantee but I guess some professions do not have the fortitude to stand behind their work.

“insert lawyer joke here”

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Man I need to be a lawyer. Lawyers alway get paid whether they do a good job or bad. I would be fired if my recommendations failed in a fiery wreck. Obviously nothing is a 100% guarantee but I guess some professions do not have the fortitude to stand behind their work.

“insert lawyer joke here”

Should've hired the firm "Duey, Cheatem, and Howe"

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 12:53 PM, UND1983 said:

Idalski didn't ruin the program, it was terrible before he took over and he made it a bit better.  It was never great.  

True, but he did so with a large budget and international recruits. Meanwhile smaller schools in MN were just as competitive as us with a fraction of the budget and using local players. 

43 minutes ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

True, but he did so with a large budget and international recruits. Meanwhile smaller schools in MN were just as competitive as us with a fraction of the budget and using local players. 

kinda weird that the wokes are saying we need women's hockey back at UND so local girls can live their dream of playing at und yet idalski took every crappy fin, swede, or german he could find (if he was our coach now he would exclusively recruit chinese commys).....

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 6:06 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

kinda weird that the wokes are saying we need women's hockey back at UND so local girls can live their dream of playing at und yet idalski took every crappy fin, swede, or german he could find (if he was our coach now he would exclusively recruit chinese commys).....

I'm looking forward to the reinstatement of UND women's hockey that includes Chinese woke commies.  That way I can watch your complete meltdown. 

Have fun with that.

:D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Honest question - who is funding the legal bills for these women's hockey lawsuit still going through the courts? (another one was just tossed out this week).

lammy's mom had a potluck fundraiser at holy family last week....autographed lammy books with five plates bought