SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

sorry children jones here til at least march....the brass could not care less about the content of this thread....carry on!

They may not care about this thread but the declining attendance as the season goes along will get their attention.  Home games by the end of the year may be like watching the Youngstown game at the Florida tournament a few weeks ago.  Glorified scrimmage. 

sorry children jones here til at least march....the brass could not care less about the content of this thread....carry on! 

While I mostly agree with the first part based on past history, I can't say I agree with the second part. While they likely could not care less about what is going on in some random thread on the internet, they are most definitely aware of the same things that fans are and being discussed here. If they were not, there wouldn't be a concern about whether he would be let go or not in March since he has another year remaining on his contract.

"Sorry Children" - is there a reason you portray yourself with such arrogance?  While you have every right to your opinion (as do we), you certainly don't gain any credibility on this site with comments like that!!!

Please respond rather than ignoring this.

• Upvote 1

"Sorry Children" - is there a reason you portray yourself with such arrogance?  While you have every right to your opinion (as do we), you certainly don't gain any credibility on this site with comments like that!!!

Please respond rather than ignoring this.

Quite obvious  thatchildish posts rampant on this thread...not least of which is the state of the program was in when this thread was started .

• Upvote 1

What's sad is that's the best comeback you got.  "he won't be fired during the season".  

This program is ROCK BOTTOM BABY.  

Edited by UND1983
  • Upvote 2

So it's childish to call out a worthless coach and to better the program with change? I think it's childish to ignore the problems with the coaches staff and come up with the same excuses which has been festering this team for years. If it was up to you Mussman would still be with football team and no one would be talking playoffs. The men's basketball team is broke and it starts at the top with Jones. You must be a die hard Jones supporter (or relative) to not see that.

• Upvote 3

So it's childish to call out a worthless coach and to better the program with change? I think it's childish to ignore the problems with the coaches staff and come up with the same excuses which has been festering this team for years. If it was up to you Mussman would still be with football team and no one would be talking playoffs. The men's basketball team is broke and it starts at the top with Jones. You must be a die hard Jones supporter (or relative) to not see that.

you are pretty smart for one who did not know bowling green was a D1 win for the program and also for a guy who posted Jones needs to make the Big Sky Tourney this season...nuff said!

Edited by hoops44
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you are pretty smart for one who did not know bowling green was a D1 win for the program and also for a guy who posted Jones needs to make the Big Sky Tourney this season...nuff said!

But I was smart enough to know he needed to be gone when this thread started in January 2014. He is still here how has that panned out for the program? I missed the upset win against UNI, the preseason favorite for the BSC title and last year's tournament finish. What that didn't happen?

Jones has only had 1 season inwhich UND ahs had more than 18 wins.  (That's ONE).  That was one of the years they rattled off 3 straight wins to win the Great West Tournament.  Look at his record.  Not really that impressive.  Great west titles and CIT first round tournament losses are all he has to show for his accomplishments.  I guess you can throw in a runner up finish in the conference tournament a couple years ago too.  Are those worth extending his contract after this year?  I guess thats up for Faison to decide.  I would say anything less than a top 4 finish in the Big Sky or an NCAA Tournament appearance and he is done.  Lofty expectation?  Why not!  Certainly hasn't lived up to even mediocre expectations!

The bigger question is, would UND be willing to pay a decent salary for someone who can turn this around?   The idea that we can bring in a successful D2 coach and expect miracles is probably asking too much.   Salary is going to need to be upped by 50% to attract the right guy.    And I agree that Jones will probably be here in March, which is too bad.