SiouxSports.com Forum

Coach Jones?

darell1976

Saw a quote recently by a major school AD that went something like:  "If your head coach hasn't had inquiries from other schools by his 4th or 5th year, he probably needs to be gone."

Jones probably hasn't had offers from other DI schools, has he?

His 5th year was his 2nd of 3 winning seasons of his DI career the last winning season overall was in 2011-12. I doubt anyone has looked his way since.

Going into this NDSU game, I have found time to catch up on the Brian Jones saga...

Not sure if he has done a complete shag job to be fired, but also has nit done enough to be retained. End of the day, the interest isn't there....and I don't see it getting better. ThankS for the time coach, but it's time for a change.

My suggestion is for UND to look at Randal Herbst. Proven coach, as asst. (Recruited Beasely), won as a head coach, was told he would get job (rumors) when Glas left, then was pulled away so we could get D1 guy. Did great at Mary. Has family from area (wife). My question is can we get him even?

why don't you troll yourself away from here, everyone knows you are not a UND fan    why dont you troll yourself away,u embarrass yourself by knowing zilch about basketball and being wrong for YEARS  about jones getting canned....more yawn

Edited by hoops44
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

U embarrass yourself with your posts that make us all seem you are NOT a fan of UND. Wrong about Jones for years? What has Jones done since the time this thread was created? Nothing, and hopefully BF is smart enough to can his worthless butt at the end of the year (or hopefully sooner).

Walthall and MSU-Moorhead moved to 12-1 with a win over UMD tonight.

So pleased that Walthall hasn't moved on to a better job yet.  Imagine what he could do with UND's budget?  Moorhead's athletics are a poor cousin compared to Mankato, Duluth, and St Cloud.

Edited by SiouxVolley
  • Upvote 2

UND budget?  Where did you read/hear about the great UND basketball budget?  

This has been discussed ad nauseam, but what UND has heretofore been willing to spend with Jones at the helm should not be confused with what it is capable of spending with a different, and better coach. 

• Upvote 2

haha. No. That isn't how you would compare this. Und roughly 850k. Maybe a few bucks more. It's Chicago State range. The Montana schools are in the 1.5 million range. 

Moorhead has $435k in expenses for its men's basketball team.  The vast majority of that is coaches salaries and scholarships.

If Montana St is spending  $1.5 m per year on men's basketball, they certainly haven't had a dimes worth of return.

Edited by SiouxVolley
  • Upvote 1

On 12/13/2015 at 8:07 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Moorhead has $435k in expenses for its men's basketball team.  The vast majority of that is coaches salaries and scholarships.

If Montana St is spending  $1.5 m per year on men's basketball, they certainly haven't had a dimes worth of return.

And a portion of UND's expenses are likely offshored on the REA.

• Upvote 1