SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs NAU 1pm

geaux_sioux

5 hours ago, nodakhoops said:

I think your expectations are way off. Tom Miller said on the radio UND has never had over 10k for a November game ever. My guess is yesterday was one of the best non NDSU regular season post deer opener crowds ever if not the highest. 

So you can either piss and mown at not having 12k or you can see the best non NDSU November crowd ever with a 30% increase over last years last game. To me those are some pretty big positive steps Bubba is making on the preception of UND Football. He is well on his way to making UND football games an event and the "thing to do." Takes time and you don't just snap your fingers and get 12k at games in November when it hasn't been done before.

Take a chill pill and see the HUGE positive steps Bubba is making here. Your pot shots are about as bad as Kolprick and Dizzo when they talk UND. Can't get a positive UND comment in without some side negative comment or pot shot. Kolprick is more worried about our "ugly grey pants," than giving any positive thoughts to an undefeated FCS big sky team in his coverage area. Crowd was great yesterday and we won the big sky. I don't see any reason for a UND fan to be negative today.

Pot shots? That's pure gold right there considering I and my family were at the FB game.........and the VB match before it..........and the hockey game after it. There were 11900 at the Ralph last night for an early season conference game. The excuses from beet harvest to gun season to _______ are tiresome. This FB tean deserves better support, especially yesterday, regardless of all the excuses and enabling by you and others. If expecting fans to show up in the same numbers at this stage for a FB team playing for a conference title and a hockey team looking for a just win in the past 3 weeks is too much to expect so be it.

This attitude of yours and others will probably cost UND a home playoff game if they are not a top 8 seed IMO. That would be a real shame.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

Reed played a great game yesterday.  I think we need to see him on the field as much as possible!

I'd much prefer he continue to field punts even when Seibel comes back.  Was nice to a senior that doesn't get much playing time, be so pivotal on Senior Day. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Pot shots? That's pure gold right there considering I and my family were at the FB game.........and the VB match before it..........and the hockey game after it. There were 11900 at the Ralph last night for an early season conference game. The excuses from beet harvest to gun season to _______ are tiresome. This FB tean deserves better support, especially yesterday, regardless of all the excuses and enabling by you and others. If expecting fans to show up in the same numbers at this stage for a FB team playing for a conference title and a hockey team looking for a just win in the past 3 weeks is too much to expect so be it.

This attitude of yours and others will probably cost UND a home playoff game if they are not a top 8 seed IMO. That would be a real shame.

Just curious, do you think your negative comments on here about attendance are actually helping anything?  Do you think there are people on this site that didn't go to the game, who read your post and said to themselves......"ahhh damn Oxbow is right, I should have been at the game I guess I'm going to start going now".   That's awesome that you were at the game and the hockey game and are a great supporter, we need more people like you but if you somehow think you are heroic by complaining on here about it, you're not.  We would all like more people at the game, but constantly whining about it on a blog doesn't change anything.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Just curious, do you think your negative comments on here about attendance are actually helping anything?  Do you think there are people on this site that didn't go to the game, who read your post and said to themselves......"ahhh damn Oxbow is right, I should have been at the game I guess I'm going to start going now".   That's awesome that you were at the game and the hockey game and are a great supporter, we need more people like you but if you somehow think you are heroic by complaining on here about it, you're not.  We would all like more people at the game, but constantly whining about it on a blog doesn't change anything.

Negative? Ok.......Mr. Sparkly Unicorn. I sit right next to someone with very close immediate ties to this program and he was very disappointed with attendance yesterday...and it's not the first time he has expressed his opinion towards that. Hopefully if and when UND hosts a playoff game this team can get the support they deserve. Is that negative enough for you? I can be less of an advocate for the attendance this team should be getting if that makes you happy. Guys like you and UNDBIZ probably would like that. 

Oh and to your last point neither does rioting about the results of an election.........

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I appreciate your passion for this topic, but I don't know that there's much we on this message board can do assuming most of us have tix and attend games.

I would love to see more there, but having reflected on yesterday's comeback, I was thrilled with the noise in the Alerus yesterday in the 4th quarter. Maybe the fans we have are passionate enough to make up for a couple of thousand who weren't there.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Oh and to your last point neither does rioting about the results of an election.........

Totally agree with you there, kinda helps make my point actually.  

I hope the team gets the support they deserve too should we get to host a playoff game. 

4 minutes ago, Rock Chalk Fighting Hawk said:

One thing I think the Alerus can do to make the game experience  better for the fans is to show more replays on the big screen. Including replays from plays that are being reviewed. A lot of people around me were frustrated that they couldn't see what the refs were reviewing.

I usually miss relays since I don't look at the board that often but I heard a ton of complaints from people around me about replays.

9 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Valid point....no it wasn't.

We just had a game that got people talking. My mom went to the hockey game after and commented today about how much of a let down it was after the football game was so crazy. I think more experiences like this will help us get the next 2000/ game. Hopefully for the playoffs if we get a home game. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

We just had a game that got people talking. My mom went to the hockey game after and commented today about how much of a let down it was after the football game was so crazy. I think more experiences like this will help us get the next 2000/ game. Hopefully for the playoffs if we get a home game. 

For sure- the ladies in our crew at the football game basically said the same thing......which I responded, "duh".

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If they can't show replays of plays under review, can they at least show controversial plays? For example, the Wanzek offensive PI was never shown. 

Or the NAU fumble in the 3rd quarter that was called an incomplete forward pass. I did not see anything but a fumble on that one.

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

Negative? Ok.......Mr. Sparkly Unicorn. I sit right next to someone with very close immediate ties to this program and he was very disappointed with attendance yesterday...and it's not the first time he has expressed his opinion towards that. Hopefully if and when UND hosts a playoff game this team can get the support they deserve. Is that negative enough for you? I can be less of an advocate for the attendance this team should be getting if that makes you happy. Guys like you and UNDBIZ probably would like that. 

Does anybody know how many students tickets are sold to a hockey game? It seems to me that students are the one group that's not very well represented. Curious the difference between hockey and football student attendance.

52 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

That's considered a forward "flip" pass so the refs called that play correctly. 

I gotta look at the replay. I didn't think he was trying to flip it but got juggled and just lost it. Btw, where can I see a replay of the game?