SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs NAU 1pm

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I was really happy to see the special teams show up and perform at a high level. It was really good to see this team play well with high stakes on the line and never giving up after being down. If this team plays like they did overall today the playoffs will be fun to watch !

They will need to play better than today but I have much more confidence in our passing game after today.  Mercur is developing into a big play wideout and the two freshmen just battle.  

Next wrinkle to this offense is TE seam and/or #22 in the slot with #5 in the backfield.  If they would have done that today it would have been Madden offense down the seam.  

• Upvote 1

Man, this thread was hilarious to read.  I hope everyone is safe, no tall buildings to jump off into the 3rd quarter.

NAU was picked to win the BSC cause they are frick'n talented, their coaching staff is top notch, and schematically their offense is hard to play against.  Their system throws the best timing routes in the league.  The QB throws an out and their WR isn't even in his break.  Their o-line was legit, really good, only 4 sacks on the year.  NAU defense watched a lot of film, they were well prepared.  The only weakness NAU had was their secondary and even though that isn't our strength, WR, we really started executing.  What a gritty win!!

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, WILDCAT said:

Congrats Hawks for a well deserved Big Sky title (share at least).

Here's hoping Weber can sneak into the playoffs with a win over ISU next weekend and maybe we can have a rematch.  But it's most likely not gonna happen. I'd be surprised if Weber made the playoffs now.

Weber has a legit shot at the playoffs if they win next week. BSC should get as many teams as any other conference except maybe the CAA

2 hours ago, shep said:

Btw, a friend sat with us on our side of the field (AA on visitor's side). He had tix a couple weeks ago on the other side and actually tweeted that the sound was way too loud on that side. So it's only on UND's side I guess.

WAY too loud.  My ears are still ringing.  

2 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Today's games are posted for replay already.  I watched the last 10 minutes of the game again......fun to watch!   Enjoyed it more this time too because I didn't have to be nervous! 

Agreed! Had to stream at work for the end of the game. Wish they would've shown the Gatorade dump on Bubba. This is so great, so huge, so terrific, or any other superlative Trump may have put on this game!! Go Hawks!!!!!

8 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

I s  Man, this thread was hilarious to read.  I hope everyone is safe, no tall buildings to jump off into the 3rd quarter.

NAU was picked to win the BSC cause they are frick'n talented, their coaching staff is top notch, and schematically their offense is hard to play against.  Their system throws the best timing routes in the league.  The QB throws an out and their WR isn't even in his break.  Their o-line was legit, really good, only 4 sacks on the year.  NAU defense watched a lot of film, they were well prepared.  The only weakness NAU had was their secondary and even though that isn't our strength, WR, we really started executing.  What a gritty win!!

I mentioned that earlier this week....NAU has all the pieces...scary good team.  I believe they're the most complete team in the big sky. Huge win for UND! 

Post game thoughts:

big sky champs!!  8-0!!!!!

refs were absolutely terrible

The offense needs for UND to receive a seed....really beat up 

UND is a much better 2nd half team.....every game this year 

brady needed to have at least 25+carries yesterday

NAU is a very good team

the crowd finally woke up in the 4th and it made a difference 

no sacks for the d but won the TO margin which was huge!! 

9 game win streak!!!!

Big Sky champs!!!!

It has been a long time that UND has been relevant and the feeling of high fiving the players after the game......chilling ! 

Well done bubba

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Game balls should go to #7 and to the OC. 

I'm giving the game ball to Alex Reed. Caused a fumble on punt, did a nice job fielding and returning punts (let one get away from him) and his first catch really got us moving. Fun to see a team guy do so well. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, siouxfb said:

I'm giving the game ball to Alex Reed. Caused a fumble on punt, did a nice job fielding and returning punts (let one get away from him) and his first catch really got us moving. Fun to see a team guy do so well. 

Alex Reed brought energy yesterday when we needed a spark.  It was on his reception with a couple broken tackles.  He has been fun to watch this year and am glad to see his role expanding. 

19 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Tough sledding on the ground for us today with our OL banged up.  We are going to need to turnover battle today and hit some timely passes in order to pull this one out.  Defense needs to make some adjustments.

Wow, that is EXACTLY what happened later in the game. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

That's almost a 30% increase over last year's season finale at home.  Not too shabby.

I get what you're saying but when the bar is on the ground it's pretty easy to step over it. Biggest game in UND's brief D1 era with a conference title on the line and the team couldn't get at a minimum of 10k to show up?

By comparison NDSU had twice.....TWICE as many fans at the Dome yesterday. Take that in.......18276 compared to 9049.

44 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I get what you're saying but when the bar is on the ground it's pretty easy to step over it. Biggest game in UND's brief D1 era with a conference title on the line and the team couldn't get at a minimum of 10k to show up?

By comparison NDSU had twice.....TWICE as many fans at the Dome yesterday. Take that in.......18276 compared to 9049.

NDSU has won five....FIVE straight national championships.  Successful teams have a pretty large fan base.  

Three years ago I was letting my five year old nephew take my three year old son to the bathroom at the Alerus at this point in the season because if they got lost, I would have heard them yell.  

Im not happy with attendance but also keep things in perspective when comparing to the most successful program currently in FCS. 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, gundy1124 said:

Man, this thread was hilarious to read.  I hope everyone is safe, no tall buildings to jump off into the 3rd quarter.

Agreed.  Couldn't watch game so I read through this thread instead.  As the first half got worse pretty much everybody including coaches, players, and fans sucked.  Nobody was doing their job.  Then the big comeback in the 2nd half and UND was once again the gutty, gritty, leave no doubt bunch.  A very entertaining read, and congrats to the team on their conference title!