SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: UND vs NAU 1pm

geaux_sioux

11 minutes ago, stonebreaker said:

NAU is a one trick pony for the most part, and their pony is gone for the season so they are all out of tricks, also NAU doesn't play well on road, easy win for UND 31- 3 and share of BSC championship.

I've watched two of their games and they are a very good team. They ripped Weber apart to start the game and embarrassed the Griz. 

25 minutes ago, stonebreaker said:

NAU is a one trick pony for the most part, and their pony is gone for the season so they are all out of tricks, also NAU doesn't play well on road, easy win for UND 31- 3 and share of BSC championship.

I sure hope for this result. I am of the opinion that this will be a close game. If our crowd gets into it and helps out the defense, UND *could* run away with this one though. That is literally the "NDSU in the Fargodome" recipe for success. Don't believe me, ask our offensive players who played in last year's game vs NDSU. Here in Grand Forks, we need to replicate that kind of homefield advantage - its huge. 

Montana and Weber defense can be put into the "Suspect" category with both teams only holding Sac St. down, but UND defense is not suspect with secondary being able to handle what NAU brings for passing and NAU offensive line will not control what UND brings in front 7 consistenly which will result in little ground gain and pressured passing. UND offense while not high flying by any means gets enough extra chances with punts and 2-3 turnovers that they run with it to a 31-3 win and share of BSC championship. Just saying.... but that is how it should play out with no mental mistakes on UND's part.