SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Was thinking recently that UND should have become the Dinosaurs.  Toddler is in the phase and I learned that one of the most complete Triceratops skeletons was found in ND.  Logo could have been a geometric Sioux style Triceratops head.  Would be the perfect shape.  Dino's would have been a bomb nickname, for short.  Would have been unique, and FUN!  Also includes ND history and location.... missed opportunity?  ND Dino's?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Seeing arena packed with those bouncy T rex outfits would be hilarious...

Seriously.  Could see something like that being a "thing".  ESPN would love to show clips of something like that as well in their different highlight reels.  Memorable name and we could have quickly grown our brand at a more national level.  Everyone knows schools that have unique nicknames.  Meanwhile, people in the Twin Cities still don't know who the Fighting Hawks are.  Really think it could have been a lot of fun and dropping the "fighting" would have kept people from being reminded that we are no longer the Sioux every time our name is mentioned.  I'll never get over that... like nails on a chalk board to hear Hawks after the word Fighting...

57 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Seriously.  Could see something like that being a "thing".  ESPN would love to show clips of something like that as well in their different highlight reels.  Memorable name and we could have quickly grown our brand at a more national level.  Everyone knows schools that have unique nicknames.  Meanwhile, people in the Twin Cities still don't know who the Fighting Hawks are.  Really think it could have been a lot of fun and dropping the "fighting" would have kept people from being reminded that we are no longer the Sioux every time our name is mentioned.  I'll never get over that... like nails on a chalk board to hear Hawks after the word Fighting...

could there be a more specific "dinosaur"...i like it tho...unique and tied to ND. surprised no one mentioned that as an option.

und>maryland-eastern shore

15 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Was thinking recently that UND should have become the Dinosaurs.  Toddler is in the phase and I learned that one of the most complete Triceratops skeletons was found in ND.  Logo could have been a geometric Sioux style Triceratops head.  Would be the perfect shape.  Dino's would have been a bomb nickname, for short.  Would have been unique, and FUN!  Also includes ND history and location.... missed opportunity?  ND Dino's?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleontology_in_North_Dakota#:~:text=Dinosaurs included the armored Edmontonia,such fossils are very rare.

8 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I mentioned dinosaur theory way back when...  not in time though...   raptors is the only easily said one that I know of, but I am far from a science geek.  I'm sure opponents would jump on the extinct, no longer relevant angle.

Dino's!  We want to be inclusive at UND, right?! 

To that thought, we could have a special game with football helmets that have different dinosaurs on them similar to how Navy had different helmets for each position group.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/30/9821260/navy-helmets-uniforms-army-game-ships-boats-kaboom-2015

Screen_Shot_2015-11-30_at_3.20.36_PM.0.0.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 1:13 PM, nodak651 said:

Dino's!  We want to be inclusive at UND, right?! 

To that thought, we could have a special game with football helmets that have different dinosaurs on them similar to how Navy had different helmets for each position group.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/11/30/9821260/navy-helmets-uniforms-army-game-ships-boats-kaboom-2015

Screen_Shot_2015-11-30_at_3.20.36_PM.0.0.png

This should 100% happen at UND.

Theme ideas would be:

Local post-game re-hydration establishments.

Pre Game Eats.

Notable local attractions.

Regularly closed Interstates and Hiways

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This should 100% happen at UND.

Theme ideas would be:

Local post-game re-hydration establishments.

Pre Game Eats.

Notable local attractions.

Regularly closed Interstates and Hiways

The list of closed Interstates and Highways may be too lengthy.;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

Every schools has this. You think the Sioux Shop would love to sell something with the Sioux head on it. 

They did something with the hockey jerseys a few years back.

However, they should do something like this.