SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

14 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Definitely not skilled enough to do any sort of morphing video, but something like this?

3ND.jpg

You nailed the base concepts!  Bravo! 

The morph? The hawk head slides (flies?) off to up-left and drags N onto D (middle image) and when ND diagonally aligned the words slide out left to right (kind of hawk's contrails). 

The other way? Starting with words, the ND slides L->R over the words (end up with middle image); hawk comes in from low-left and drags D to alignment (first image). 

6 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

This is actually likely more work than was put in by the company that came up with the branding in the first place.

The ND isn't bad, and could work as shoulder logos or a helmet logo.

Getting fans involved in making it better (ownership) is not a bad thing.  

• Upvote 1

All these logo designs are fun and exciting, but I really don't see any changes coming to the Fighting AHwks logo anytime soon.  I don't even think we will see a secondary logo for a long time.  UND Athletics is still struggling with it's identity.  Some of it is self inflicted via it's fans, some is from outside sources.  We stillsee medai from other schools using the interlocking ND logo.  don't need to get into the people that still wear the Sioux logo to games.  The Fighting HAwks logo, ebev thoug it's been 6 years, still hasn't taken hold yet.  Could the logo be better?  Sure.  But UND isn't going to change it after only 6 years and add another retired logo to the pile to add even more confusion.

On 9/20/2022 at 5:05 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Definitely not skilled enough to do any sort of morphing video, but something like this?

3ND.jpg

This palate changes nothing but cleans up nicely, and makes more functional, what is already in hand. 

I could see an all white FB helmet with the full North Dakota wordmark (in green) on the sides as an alternate. 

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

All these logo designs are fun and exciting, but I really don't see any changes coming to the Fighting AHwks logo anytime soon.  I don't even think we will see a secondary logo for a long time.  UND Athletics is still struggling with it's identity.  Some of it is self inflicted via it's fans, some is from outside sources.  We stillsee medai from other schools using the interlocking ND logo.  don't need to get into the people that still wear the Sioux logo to games.  The Fighting HAwks logo, ebev thoug it's been 6 years, still hasn't taken hold yet.  Could the logo be better?  Sure.  But UND isn't going to change it after only 6 years and add another retired logo to the pile to add even more confusion.

I am not saying we need to bring back the Sioux Logo -although we should ;), but the reason its been 6 years with little adoption is because the logo is total GARBAGE & the foundational fan base of UND is an extremely proud fan base/collective. (check the article about another $2.6 Million being donated directly to the hockey program).

Getting rid of the logo sucked, but it was the reason we had to get rid of it which is leading to little adoption (WOKISM). A shallow and pretentious reason to get rid of an amazing logo, tradition and name and then replace THAT with something that is utter trash & basic. It is a double whammy.

We should retire it and move on to something that isn't so ugly and doesn't look like clip art. You would see faster adoption in 2-3 years than this whole time with the Fighting Hawks crap.  Its not just the fact that it is isn't the Sioux logo. Its that, its the reason we had to get rid of it (WOKE & CORPORATE NONSENSE) and what is was replaced with - a shallow representation of what the school and program means to its most loyal and hardcore fans, alumni & monetary supporters.

1 minute ago, FightingSU said:

I am not saying we need to bring back the Sioux Logo -although we should ;), but the reason its been 6 years with little adoption is because the logo is total GARBAGE & the foundational fan base of UND is an extremely proud fan base/collective. (check the article about another $2.6 Million being donated directly to the hockey program) Getting rid of the logo sucked, but it was the reason we had to get rid of it which is leading to little adoption (WOKISM). A shallow and pretentious reason to get rid of an amazing logo, tradition and name and then replace THAT with something that is utter trash. It is a double whammy.

We should retire it and move on to something that isn't so ugly and doesn't look like clip art, and you see faster adoption in 3 years then this whole time with the Fighting Hawks crap.  Its not just the fact that it is isn't the Sioux logo, its that, its the reason we had to get rid of it (NONSENSE) and what is was replaced with - a shallow representation of what the school and program means to its most loyal and hardcore fans & monetary supporters.

I get the frustration with the logo.  And that all stems from the fact that we voted for a nicname that was generic and overused.  There are so many hawk names/logos out there, and not just hawks, but bird logos in general.  So in a move to not just blend in with all the other bird logos, UND/Schafer went with a logo that was unique.  Making a logo out of the initials of the school.  If you want to compain about the logo, that all stemmed from the selection of the nickname.

I've always wondered what would have happened had Roughriders been selected as the nickname.  I think any logo that would have resulted would be far better and much more accepted than the Fighting Hawks logo.  Why people didn't think of that wile voting is beyond me.  The fake blackhawk bird logo being peddled around as the potential logo really pursuaded a lot of people to select Fighting Hawks.  Is it too soon to change the nickname again?!! :D

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I get the frustration with the logo.  And that all stems from the fact that we voted for a nicname that was generic and overused.  There are so many hawk names/logos out there, and not just hawks, but bird logos in general.  So in a move to not just blend in with all the other bird logos, UND/Schafer went with a logo that was unique.  Making a logo out of the initials of the school.  If you want to compain about the logo, that all stemmed from the selection of the nickname.

I've always wondered what would have happened had Roughriders been selected as the nickname.  I think any logo that would have resulted would be far better and much more accepted than the Fighting Hawks logo.  Why people didn't think of that wile voting is beyond me.  The fake blackhawk bird logo being peddled around as the potential logo really pursuaded a lot of people to select Fighting Hawks.  Is it too soon to change the nickname again?!! :D

Because a 6 figure consultant said that because it was mentioned on Urban Dictionary in a negative light that they shouldn't use it....

Not realizing that ANYONE can write something on Urban Dictionary!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I agree about the goofy blackhawk bird leading to votes and I don't necessarily disagree with trying to make a unique logo after the name was picked to not be so generic. Whatever the case, it still did turn out generic, for whatever reasons. I agree that it would have been interesting to see the outcome with a different nickname selection etc. Unfortunately we will never know. Unless..... :D.

Appreciate your comments.

• Upvote 1

It's not the new logo.
It's not the blackhawk-esque logo that was peddled.

It's Hawks ... or specifically "how about we keep Sioux". Too many thought that superficially about the subject. 

Now pair that with "Fighting" and you get a generic name leading to not great logo options. (Honestly, Schafer did as well as he could making lemonade from the lemon.)

So, in a perverse way, the "keep the Sioux name" folks got their wish. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Too many short sighted people saw the Fighting How About We Keep Sioux and went with it. 

This is why they should never have let the general public decide. The "public" is generally stupid and it gives people who only want to sabotage the issue a vote. That was dumb.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

This is why they should never have let the general public decide. The "public" is generally stupid and it gives people who only want to sabotage the issue a vote. That was dumb.

To many jealous NDSU bumpkins voted to sabotage!! LOL. In all reality, this probably did have some sort of an effect.

7 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

That's a good Bingo!

• Upvote 1