SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

33 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

could UND use a primary or secondary logo of an offset N&D...like the USC and OU logos in the pic?

FdDTHELWIAABtUd.jpg

That would be cooler than anything we have now, with no meaningful secondary logo on top of our primary logo having no significant meaning to ND or the school, except for the word “Fighting”

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

That would be cooler than anything we have now, with no meaningful secondary logo on top of our primary logo having no significant meaning to ND or the school, except for the word “Fighting”

Never should have stopped using the logo in my profile picture.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sioux24/7 said:

We were okay using this ND logo right?

image.png.99167b42192e39ffc3921f110d4e0ba2.png
I don’t necessarily love this one with the gaps but I believe we just retired it, right?

Yeah , we retired it in 2016 I believe  right? Maybe 2015? Not sure why, I think it was meant to just be the final nail in the coffin towards the Sioux logo since people considered these synonymous with each other and shared imagery. We should bring it back -AT LEAST as the secondary. 

17 hours ago, FightingSU said:

Yeah , we retired it in 2016 I believe  right? Maybe 2015? Not sure why, I think it was meant to just be the final nail in the coffin towards the Sioux logo since people considered these synonymous with each other and shared imagery. We should bring it back -AT LEAST as the secondary. 

Probably more synonymous with Notre Dame than the Sioux nationally. 

5 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

ND3.jpg

Got a flavor of that that has a smaller font "ORTH" by the "N" and a smaller fort "AKOTA" by the D so it says "North Dakota".

You could do all kinds of video morphing from the "ND hawk" to the full "North Dakota" to the "ND" you show (back and forth), like start with the ND, scroll/sweep in the full words and disperse the words, then align the ND and add, no, fly in, the hawk. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Got a flavor of that that has a smaller font "ORTH" by the "N" and a smaller fort "AKOTA" by the D so it says "North Dakota".

You could do all kinds of video morphing from the "ND hawk" to the full "North Dakota" to the "ND" you show (back and forth), like start with the ND, scroll/sweep in the full words and disperse the words, then align the ND and add, no, fly in, the hawk. 

Definitely not skilled enough to do any sort of morphing video, but something like this?

3ND.jpg

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, FightingSU said:

I think it would look just a bit better with a more classic or collegiate font. Just my two cents, but I do like the way this looks.

Keep it simple you say?  Ok.  How bout just plain simple text similar to Nebraska.  But instead of interlocking, go with something like this

ND.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Definitely not skilled enough to do any sort of morphing video, but something like this?

3ND.jpg

This is actually likely more work than was put in by the company that came up with the branding in the first place.

The ND isn't bad, and could work as shoulder logos or a helmet logo.

But it won't satisfy the "YOU MUST WORSHIP THE HAWK" nazis. 

You'll be accused of trying to divide the fan base.

• Upvote 1