SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

On 8/19/2023 at 3:29 PM, Siouxperfan7 said:

logosystem-athleticsecondary-2023-600x150.jpg

I wonder what the response to the logo would have been had this been what they came out with first.  Also makes me wonder if this logo was an option and Ed chose the official logo we have been using.   There hasn't been any write up or stories about it....yet.  Just seems odd that UND just sort of slipped it on its website and then played the promo video with a shirt on it for the reveal.  Off way to roll out a secondary logo.

These are better than what we had but I would still drop all of it and start from scratch. The logo and nickname are not unique or special in any way. Boring and uninspiring.

46 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Chaves is a coward.  UND has spent a lot of time and money trying to promote the new Fighting Hawks brand for the University.  Literally EVERY athletic program is on board and proudly wears the logo on their jerseys, their apparel they wear to and from games, etc.  But the hockey program gets a bye.  Why?  Because Armcoast, Chaves, Hodgeson, Berry, etc are afraid of upsetting the "Sioux Forever" crowd.  Chaves, grow a pair and get the hockey program on board with the Fighting Hawks name and logo.  Just pathetic that this continues to happen.  It's been 7 years since the logo was introduced and longer for the name.  Its f&$%ing time!!

End rant!:)

I predict another year of logo-less helmets. What a stupid look. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Chaves is a coward.  UND has spent a lot of time and money trying to promote the new Fighting Hawks brand for the University.  Literally EVERY athletic program is on board and proudly wears the logo on their jerseys, their apparel they wear to and from games, etc.  But the hockey program gets a bye.  Why?  Because Armcoast, Chaves, Hodgeson, Berry, etc are afraid of upsetting the "Sioux Forever" crowd.  Chaves, grow a pair and get the hockey program on board with the Fighting Hawks name and logo.  Just pathetic that this continues to happen.  It's been 7 years since the logo was introduced and longer for the name.  Its f&$%ing time!!

take it up with the AD.........of the hockey team..

kris would love to hear input from you.

Attended a free flea market last weekend.  Bring your stuff and set it out and people walk by and take what they want; no charge!  Great way to get rid of stuff, or so I thought.  Had two brand new fighting Hawks T-shirts, front and center and nobody would take them.  I tried to convince the older lady with the Bison t-shirt that they would make great paint shirts or oil rags but she just chuckled and kept going. <true story>  They ended up going to Goodwill with the rest of the stuff nobody wanted.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Why we wasted money promoting a turd amazes me. You can promote a dud all you want and it still isn’t going to convince people to buy apparel with the new logo. Merchandise without the hawk logo and name outsells all day and this administration obviously isn’t paying attention!

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Team doesn't wear it so people don't or people don't wear it so team doesn't. 

It's a Hawk or egg question. 

The hockey team wearing the logo has nothing to do with fans wearing the new logo. If the hockey team walked around with feces smeared on their face would all the fans automatically do the same or say hell no???? The logo is a dud and no money spent on promoting it will make a difference 

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

agreed...my nd offset logo would be great (i would ditch the giimeky font and go old schoold like duke or the other nd)

Ever seen the front of an NDSU letterman's jacket? Clearly not.  
https://gobison.com/news/2014/11/12/ATH_1112145118.aspx 

The current font is solid.