SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, ChrisUND1 said:

I've been away from this site for a long time.  Some things never change I guess. I came back for UND vs Nebraska stuff and saw this same, tired crap being posted again on this thread.  Guess what, there is no "aisle ", there is reality.  Fighting Hawks is the name.  I am the poster formerly known as "LetsGoSioux".  I remember the days when guys like PCM and Sprig posted here.  What a cesspool it has become.

Could you describe the cesspool?  Are we talking USCHO grade?

Oh, I remember when Sprig use to post on here as well...RIP!

• Upvote 2

On 9/1/2022 at 8:15 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

"Nodak" is not our Nickname.  It ws voted on and finished 3rd.  The fact that the REA and the hockey program is embracing it and making jersyes with it pretty pathetic.  It's not like it is like a secondary nickname the UND atheltics has been know as for decades.  It is a blatent rejection of the Fighting Hawks name. 

Go back 20 years and think if the football team and the Alerus Center decided that they didn';t want toassociate the team with the Sioux name.  Say mthey wanted to be known as Nodaks or jsut no nickname. The overwhelming majority of the fanbase would be in an uproar.  They would be making the same arguments I am making today.  

The point I have always made is love it, hate it, or somewhere in the mddle...Fighting Hawks is UND's nickname and the logo is what it is (for now).  You can choose to reject it.  That is your choice.  But when fans, teams, and venues reject that as well, it only hurts the University and its effort to move on from the old name and logo.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:35 PM, ChrisUND1 said:

Clowns like you are why I don't come to this site too much anymore.  I think you might be an NDSU fan trolling us all, the SU on your screen name is telling.  STFU.  You are only hurting the University I love. 

On 9/2/2022 at 2:23 PM, ChrisUND1 said:

I've been away from this site for a long time.  Some things never change I guess. I came back for UND vs Nebraska stuff and saw this same, tired crap being posted again on this thread.  Guess what, there is no "aisle ", there is reality.  Fighting Hawks is the name.  I am the poster formerly known as "LetsGoSioux".  I remember the days when guys like PCM and Sprig posted here.  What a cesspool it has become.

You. Don't. Have. To. Read. The. Thread.

Bye.

• Upvote 1

On 9/2/2022 at 2:49 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

However, I don't see what "damage" it really does to the University. 

How about this, tell me how open derision and continual mocking/ridiculing the new nickname is a positive to the University in any way? Or even just neutral? I mean, this isn't the only thing, but do you think corporations and brands spend all that money on marketing/branding just to keep people employed? 
Some of the commentary on various social media platforms are straight up cringe-worthy as it relates to the SF crowd and their reactions to the actual nickname/logo of the University they "support".

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

How about this, tell me how open derision and continual mocking/ridiculing the new nickname is a positive to the University in any way? Or even just neutral? I mean, this isn't the only thing, but do you think corporations and brands spend all that money on marketing/branding just to keep people employed? 
Some of the commentary on various social media platforms are straight up cringe-worthy as it relates to the SF crowd and their reactions to the actual nickname/logo of the University they "support".

Definitely not arguing that any of that is positive. Frankly, it's just flat out stupid. However, just because this happens, doesn't mean many are stopping their support of UND because of it. Some people like the logo, some don't. Wish we'd all just chill the eff out.

With all of that said, I just have yet to see anything truly negative (ie. Dropping donor support, lack of attendance) happen because of this stupid tiff. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Definitely not arguing that any of that is positive. Frankly, it's just flat out stupid. However, just because this happens, doesn't mean many are stopping their support of UND because of it. Some people like the logo, some don't. Wish we'd all just chill the eff out.

With all of that said, I just have yet to see anything truly negative (ie. Dropping donor support, lack of attendance) happen because of this stupid tiff. 

I agree that it is stupid, but I think we might have slightly different definitions on why. ;)
And again, when people are openly railing against a brand, that is a negative. Can it be quantified? Of course not. But you also have all those people that said they were going to quit donating (and still post on social media how proud they are that they still refuse to) because of the name change? I mean, if even a little bit of that is true, then that has to be a negative, correct?

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I agree that it is stupid, but I think we might have slightly different definitions on why. ;)
And again, when people are openly railing against a brand, that is a negative. Can it be quantified? Of course not. But you also have all those people that said they were going to quit donating (and still post on social media how proud they are that they still refuse to) because of the name change? I mean, if even a little bit of that is true, then that has to be a negative, correct?

Its called standing up for what you believe in, being proud of something,  and being willing to show you will not bend the knee to the woke mob every time they make a demand.

24 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

When I went to UND, I worked on campaigns for fundraising and the question of why was always asked when people decided to not donate money, especially when they had previously donated. I am 100% positive that there is data out there that states why (if they have) they stopped giving or won't give to UND. I have not seen one story correlating the name change to a drop in donations. If there was one, the Herald would be all over it, IMO. So, I don't think any of this silly infighting has led to anything negative specifically hurting UND. So, do I think it's positive that a massive chunk of people hate the logo/name? Absolutely not. But, that happens with every name change everywhere.

My guess is there's WAY more people talking smoke than there are that have actually stopped donating. Or, those talking smoke never donated before/aren't alumni and would never have donated. 

It's all a matter of time. Many will never "get over it" but the overwhelming majority will. We're just in that awkward time period, IMO. Best way to avoid it? Stay off the cancer that is social media lol. (This doesn't count ;)) Also, keep supporting UND no matter what like most of us do!

For lack of a better place to put this, looks like our friends in Duluth are having their own mascot contraversy.  PErsonally, the newer mascot proposed looks more like their logo (much like ours).  But leave it to the vocal monirity in social media to control the narrative!

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/university-of-minnesota-duluth-sends-yellow-champ-mascot-back-to-doghouse

https://news.d.umn.edu/articles/champfall2022

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I apologize for everyone that wanted "North Dakota" as our offical name and said that there would be no mascot options.  No one could think up a good "North Dakota" mascot.....until now!!:D

ND.PNG

So, Badlands = Buttlands?  And Devils Lake blows?  And poor MN basically gets tag-teamed from behind?

13 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I apologize for everyone that wanted "North Dakota" as our offical name and said that there would be no mascot options.  No one could think up a good "North Dakota" mascot.....until now!!:D

ND.PNG

Is this something I can buy? I'd buy this today.... not kidding.

18 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

I noticed last year that most if not all apparel with the REA logo on on it had the Sioux head removed, and the circle on the building was just blank.

ON apparel this year with the REA logo, it seems to be back in full swing and in color. I think this is a huge win and this makes me happy as all hell. Just something I noticed, examples below. I now spent a bunch on buying this REA logo apparel to show that this is a good step forward.

image.png.abb2e96d1f4a35c1bc5a8d023f110a46.pngimage.png.1ae09f2fbcbcce3a341d86b5c96e1633.png

image.png.f77dcf048588c9ea150e540d9c1dca76.png

image.png.8df8861b3123c92728cb5f5dad5b7cdb.png

New banners on the polls in the REA Plaza. No Sioux head.

77BA550D-A1F5-4C83-BF6B-D72E67548700.jpeg