SiouxSports.com Forum

What do you think of the logo now??

Siouxperfan7

Fighting Hawks logo  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Now that the dust has settled, what is your grade for the new Fighting Hawks logo now?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

2 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This logo makes it possible to mirror the logo, meaning you can put it on the helmet and have to facing forward on both sides of the helmet.

did the marketing crew on the first one not know this? (which is why bubba put the numbers on the opposite side for a couple years?)

On 9/16/2019 at 11:59 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

So the outcry to have secondary logo started probably 2 minutes after the logo was announced.  I was in the camp of not doing that immediately so that UND could work on it's brand identity and have just one logo.  A secondary logo is likely going to happen.  I propose they don't make something totally new but just tweak the current logo.  The Hawk head in the ND is a unique look and I think it works.  But maybe UND could utilize just the Hawk head with a green or black (even grey) background without the "ND" as a background.  I especially think this type of logo would look great on the football helmets as you could have the hawk on both sides of the helmet facing forward.  Just a thought.

helmets.jpg

I wonder if the helmets will look like I predicted way back 4 years agoi!!:D

• Upvote 2

All they did is finally: 

1. Take the hawk off the ND and let it fly alone.
Note the lone hawk has the "TM" by it so it's free to fly alone. 

2. Use the existing font (see front of BB jerseys) and finally write ... wait for it ... UND. 
It's the same N and D that was under the hawk.
See here: https://campus.und.edu/brand/logo-system.html#d56e809--2 ; scroll down to Athletics Logos, click Wordmark. Then click "Secondary Marks" and say ... "Aha!" ;)  

8 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Not sure it belongs here but I’m in Rome and was wearing a North Dakota hat tonight. A guy stops me and says Go Sioux. 
We’re everywhere

That's not so far ... ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=rome+ny&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS929US929&oq=Rome+ny&aqs=chrome.0.0i131i355i433i512j46i131i433i512j0i131i433i512j0i512l3j46i175i199i340i512j0i512l3.2983j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 

35 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

The stand-alone hawk looks good and is versatile as mentioned. 

We've needed that for a while. 

Secondary marks are simplified variations of a primary logo and used in instances where brand awareness is established. Secondary logos do not replace primary logos.  

When you're wearing a jersey with the full "North Dakota" wordmark, um, yeah, awareness is established. Wearing the solo hawk with it is just fine. 

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Is that stand alone outline logo official or did you just mock that up?  All I have seen is the one on the shirt from the Siouxshop.

I gave the link above ... and we all know I ain't got that much "art" in me. 

Right-click and "open in new tab" on the image and it comes from UND's domain. 

That is UND Athletics' official new secondary logo palate. 

The shirt from the shop is likely the best a screen printer can do at that size. 

• Upvote 1