SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

33 minutes ago, John W. said:

Every morning I go to the ESPN site to check for sports news....across the top are NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA FB/BB, soccer.....no NHL...so I hit other...and there is the NHL, and about 20 other selections to include tennis, lacrosse , even the special Olympics....but no NCAA hockey....or as  even Ice Hockey....tell me it's more than a niche sport in the US....where does it rank with BIG TEN Schools.?..only important at places like RIT, Union, Quinnipeac, UND and such schools of higher learning....

Great to see UND doing well in the NCAA "mainstream sports"

493.jpg

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

To not make the NCAA tournament with this roster.........and having the West Regional in your own back yard would be an epic fail.

Really?  19 Freshmen and Sophomores on this roster.  The last time we had a team that had at least 19 Freshmen and Sophomores on the team was......2001-02.

Plus, that 2001-02 team (the last to not make the tournament) had 32 people on the roster, so they had 13 upperclassmen.  This year we have 19 underclassmen out of a total of 26 on the roster.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

Really?  19 Freshmen and Sophomores on this roster.  The last time we had a team that had at least 19 Freshmen and Sophomores on the team was......2001-02.

Plus, that 2001-02 team (the last to not make the tournament) had 32 people on the roster, so they had 13 upperclassmen.  This year we have 19 underclassmen out of a total of 26 on the roster.

Yes.....really!

Oh......and why didn't you mention this a couple weeks ago before thousands of us bought tickets to the West Regional. That would have been helpful!

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I'm not either. It sounds like they just don't know when it will be healed, and I am not sure USA hockey will take the chance it will be. I'm not sure how close he is to being healed either though. 

Coach Berry said it's day-to-day in Saturday's post-game presser. 

6 minutes ago, Goon said:

Coach Berry said it's day-to-day in Saturday's post-game presser. 

Any chance this is season ending?  You are an insider.  I just get my info third hand......from MM who gets it from Cratter off of his Twitter account. If I don't like what they have I make ___ up.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Any chance this is season ending?  You are an insider.  I just get my info third hand......from MM who gets it from Cratter off of his Twitter account. If I don't like what they have I make ___ up.

Doesn't sound like it. Sounded like more of a nagging injury. I only have what the coach Berry told us. I know he won't play someone that's hurt. 

18 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

Day to day means nothing at this point. They've been saying that for a while. They say that because they literally have no clue when it will heal. 

There was a quote from Berry that said something to the effect of he looks forward to seeing Boeser back fully healthy in January... and of course now I can't find the article.

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Every morning I go to the ESPN site to check for sports news....across the top are NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA FB/BB, soccer.....no NHL...so I hit other...and there is the NHL, and about 20 other selections to include tennis, lacrosse , even the special Olympics....but no NCAA hockey....or as  even Ice Hockey....tell me it's more than a niche sport in the US....where does it rank with BIG TEN Schools.?..only important at places like RIT, Union, Quinnipeac, UND and such schools of higher learning....

Why does Minnesota try to market themselves as the "State of Hockey" then?   Obviously not marketing geniuses, although you certainly know how that feels to be shortchanged in intellectual capacity.   

I really thought a Pogo, Gardner, whoever, line would be a dominant line and great compliment to the top time.  With an added year I thought they would be as good or better than the "heavy line" from last year and be physically dominant.  That just hasn't happen.  Maybe Johnson should get more credit for last year.

With the Boeser, Jost, Gersich line, and 3-4 lines that can at least hold serve, I see that second line as the big disappointment.  No need to break up the top line if the 2nd is producing.

2 hours ago, John W. said:

How much does this guys life suck?!?! Brutal. Get this guy a beer!

7 minutes ago, Walsh Hall said:

I really thought a Pogo, Gardner, whoever, line would be a dominant line and great compliment to the top time.  With an added year I thought they would be as good or better than the "heavy line" from last year and be physically dominant.  That just hasn't happen.  Maybe Johnson should get more credit for last year.

With the Boeser, Jost, Gersich line, and 3-4 lines that can at least hold serve, I see that second line as the big disappointment.  No need to break up the top line if the 2nd is producing.

Except the top line hadn't been producing which was a main reason for bringing Pogo to the 1st line and sending Boser to the 2nd line. As someone had said, there's two puck controlling high end talents and only one puck. 

11 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Except the top line hadn't been producing which was a main reason for bringing Pogo to the 1st line and sending Boser to the 2nd line. As someone had said, there's two puck controlling high end talents and only one puck. 

The top line was the only line producing, but most of the production was from Gersich. In my opinion Boeser was moved to strengthen the 2nd line, and to get him going because they moved him when he was slumping. 

Thx, but I have a great life....beautiful wife.....great kids and grandbabes....just love to jab the 'puckters' of UND , SOME of whom are obnoxious and sanctimonious as Bizzon f'ballers!!!!! ( sanctimonious May be too difficult a word for many ....should be prefaced by the hockey phrase 'and uh')

• Downvote 5

9 minutes ago, John W. said:

Thx, but I have a great life....beautiful wife.....great kids and grandbabes....just love to jab the 'puckters' of UND , SOME of whom are obnoxious and sanctimonious as Bizzon f'ballers!!!!! ( sanctimonious May be too difficult a word for many ....should be prefaced by the hockey phrase 'and uh')

Puckters?! Really?

31 minutes ago, John W. said:

So, since your life is great, you just do this because you're a jacka$$? Cool story, bruh. Enjoy it.

I'm sure your beautiful wife, great kids and grandbabes would be really impressed by their adult husband, father and grandfather trolling internet fan boards. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, John W. said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, John W. said:

You need a hobby. Get off the Internet and read a book. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Yes.....really!

Oh......and why didn't you mention this a couple weeks ago before thousands of us bought tickets to the West Regional. That would have been helpful!

I think you're still good.  I have tickets myself.  I just don't think this team missing the tournament would be considered a gross failure.  As I pointed out, we simply haven't seen a roster like this were we have 19 freshmen and sophomores and only a handful of upperclassmen.

I've always thought in the college game you can't overstate the difference that the physical strength and experience of a senior, or even junior, can make.  We've all seen the differences in players like a Caggiula right on down to a Pattyn from their first season or two to the end of their college career.

I think this team is going to be tough to beat come February and March.  I think Poganski is playing much better.  I love what I see from Wolanin.  Cam Johnson seems to have put the early season games behind him and is playing big.  We've played virtually the entire season without a healthy Boeser.  Shaw has been in and out.  It'd be nice to get off to a good start at Union, then put together a nice little conference run including some payback to Duluth and see where we go from there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John W. said:

Wow, thats really gr....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!