SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

There was speculation at MSG that Boeser originally hurt his wrist playing golf How could that be true?

There are plenty of hacks out there that claim to be golfers who's divots goes further that the ball.  Those folks tend to have wrist issues..............or if you drill a tree root on the down swing.  Never golfed with Brock but my guess is he would take a violent swipe on every swing. To answer your question it is plausible if he does golf.

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

There was speculation at MSG that Boeser originally hurt his wrist playing golf.  How could that be true?

I can, I suck at golf and it's easy to hurt yourself playing golf. Hit a ball into a bad lie --- hit a rock or hard ground and there you have it. 

24 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Adam Tambellini

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=139582

Doesn't look like it paid off for him either.

If I remember correctly there was some excitement around Tambo coming in, but I'm not sure it was to the level of Brock Boeser or Tyson Jost. It was a complete shock to a lot of the guys on the team when Adam left our program too, but nothing that had a lasting effect. Reflecting back I wish he would've stayed but it happens when you aren't experiencing what you thought you would.

42 minutes ago, cberkas said:

And Brock is a character guy and doesn't abandon a team mid season unlike someone did recently.

Couldn't agree more with this; truly a class act guy and nothing to date has penetrated the consistency of that statement. He's also one of our captains. When Vancouver confirmed back in April that he was going to stay, they threw some volume behind that. They know better than to pull an athlete out midseason, especially Brock. Even as high caliber as he is, everybody can always improve.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

If I remember correctly there was some excitement around Tambo coming in, but I'm not sure it was to the level of Brock Boeser or Tyson Jost. It was a complete shock to a lot of the guys on the team when Adam left our program too, but nothing that had a lasting effect. Reflecting back I wish he would've stayed but it happens when you aren't experiencing what you thought you would.

Couldn't agree more with this; truly a class act guy and nothing to date has penetrated the consistency of that statement. He's also one of our captains. When Vancouver confirmed back in April that he was going to stay, they threw some volume behind that. They know better than to pull an athlete out midseason, especially Brock. Even as high caliber as he is, everybody can always improve.

Tambbellini's problem was he felt he was the best and he deserved to be on the PP and get the most ice time. Well it didn't work out that way. He is a good player and would have done wonders here, but he was impatient and didn't give UND a chance to develop him into a better player. He took the easy way out and it ended up costing him. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Goon said:

I can, I suck at golf and it's easy to hurt yourself playing golf. Hit a ball into a bad lie --- hit a rock or hard ground and there you have it. 

MM has told me multiple times you are a complete hack! ;) :lol:

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Adam Tambellini

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=139582

Doesn't look like it paid off for him either.

6'3 22years old playing in the AHL...he still has a shot.  Judging by point production, they are likely trying to develop him as a 4th possible 3rd line NHLer if he develops some intangibles in terms of two-way responsibilities, pk, or face-offs

He likely enjoyed sniping 47 in major junior...

1 hour ago, yzerman19 said:

6'3 22years old playing in the AHL...he still has a shot.  Judging by point production, they are likely trying to develop him as a 4th possible 3rd line NHLer if he develops some intangibles in terms of two-way responsibilities, pk, or face-offs

Intangibles like character?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, yzerman19 said:

I think he'll end up like his brother.

3 minutes ago, Goon said:

You going to join me in the ponds and the tall grass? I get another view of the courses most don't get. 

As a buddy of mine once said he went into the tall fescue going after his ball......"Remember you can only shoot roosters"!  :lol:

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

As a buddy of mine once said he went into the tall fescue going after his ball......"Remember you can only shoot roosters"!  :lol:

That's funny because I put my ball in a pheasant nest at Dakota Winds Golf Course one time. I literally flushed a Rooster out of there. 

Hennessy has a podcast up with Pat Swanson that provides some interesting behind the scenes hockey operations stuff, however the beginning is what got my attention.

According to Hennessey, he talked to USA's WJC Dr(I think that's who he said) and said we might expect Brock to play vs. Omaha... obviously not a sure thing but sure would be great to get him back in the earlier part of January as opposed to the later.

Here's the link: http://kfgo.com/podcasts/fighting-hawks-podcast/941/hennessy-on-hockey-12-20-16-with-pat-swanson/

10 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Hennessy has a podcast up with Pat Swanson that provides some interesting behind the scenes hockey operations stuff, however the beginning is what got my attention.

According to Hennessey, he talked to USA's WJC Dr(I think that's who he said) and said we might expect Brock to play vs. Omaha... obviously not a sure thing but sure would be great to get him back in the earlier part of January as opposed to the later.

Here's the link: http://kfgo.com/podcasts/fighting-hawks-podcast/941/hennessy-on-hockey-12-20-16-with-pat-swanson/

A Vancouver radio station tweeted that they spoke with Brock and he said rehab is 3-6 weeks. 3 weeks is when Omaha weekend is if my calendar counting is on target... Crossing fingers.

But then you have a Fargo news station saying he could miss up to 10 games. And I'm rolling my eyes because that's all of January... 

15 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

A Vancouver radio station tweeted that they spoke with Brock and he said rehab is 3-6 weeks. 3 weeks is when Omaha weekend is if my calendar counting is on target... Crossing fingers.

But then you have a Fargo news station saying he could miss up to 10 games. And I'm rolling my eyes because that's all of January... 

Don't trust anything that comes out of Fargo ;)