SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

A Vancouver radio station tweeted that they spoke with Brock and he said rehab is 3-6 weeks. 3 weeks is when Omaha weekend is if my calendar counting is on target... Crossing fingers.

But then you have a Fargo news station saying he could miss up to 10 games. And I'm rolling my eyes because that's all of January... 

I would say that trust what's coming out of the UND team. Hennessy is dialed in. We were told last week 4-6 weeks. Sometime in January. 

17 minutes ago, Goon said:

I would say that trust what's coming out of the UND team. Hennessy is dialed in. We were told last week 4-6 weeks. Sometime in January. 

According to Hennessy though, he thinks Brock playing vs Omaha is very possible and that would put him at 3 weeks out from last week.

Either way, my thoughts are if we get Boeser and Jost back at 100% by the Miami series at home I'll be happy.

6 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

According to Hennessy though, he thinks Brock playing vs Omaha is very possible and that would put him at 3 weeks out from last week.

Either way, my thoughts are if we get Boeser and Jost back at 100% by the Miami series at home I'll be happy.

It would be nice if UND could have both of them back for that series. 

On 12/15/2016 at 9:07 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

I don't like how he left in the middle of a season......but I don't hate him or anything.

My feelings exactly. Put the team in a bad situation doing that and I think it's a selfish move. All water under the bridge now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fetch said:

Cam is a Junior right ?

I do hope he stays & gets a shot at it

I feel like Cam will leave after this season. No bearing behind it. Just a hunch. We may take a step back after this year and his stock is slowly slipping, as it is. Again, just a hunch.

• 2 weeks later...

That's just terrible writing.  

So compare this Dbag to a real sports writer like Schloss and his article on fighting. 

Chambers makes up an opinion and writes it up like a Jr high assignment. And doesn't support it with any type of background, interviews, facts other than a perverted hot take by infering Jost signs mid season because he has a single mother.  

Disgusting. 

THIS IS WHY SPORTSWRITERS ARE BECOMING EXTINCT.

People don't really pay money for garbage, we have it ssooooooooooooo good with Schloss, don't take it for granted.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

So Chambers is saying Jost signs and plays most of the year in the WHL.

I didn't take it that way at all...all Chambers is saying is that he will sign in the weeks after his 19th birthday.....there is only 3 weeks left in the season after his birthday. Less if the we don't make the Frozen Four....or the tourney for that matter. He isn't going anywhere for now. Good chance that he is one and done....according to Chambers and a lot of posters on here.

He is a douche-bag though....that part is fact.

5 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I didn't take it that way at all...all Chambers is saying is that he will sign in the weeks after his 19th birthday.....there is only 3 weeks left in the season after his birthday. Less if the we don't make the Frozen Four....or the tourney for that matter. He isn't going anywhere for now. Good chance that he is one and done....according to Chambers.

He presented it as if he knew with certainty that Jost will bolt after his freshman season with no facts or information to back it up besides 'The Avs are bad and he has a single mother so he'll want the contract'.  If he would've framed this in more of a 'I think there's a good chance he'll sign' vs 'Breaking News: Tyson Jost will leave UND after this season' it would've been fine.

8 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

I didn't take it that way at all...all Chambers is saying is that he will sign in the weeks after his 19th birthday.....there is only 3 weeks left in the season after his birthday. Less if the we don't make the Frozen Four....or the tourney for that matter. He isn't going anywhere for now. Good chance that he is one and done....according to Chambers and a lot of posters on here.

Then why mention playing Major Juniors after signing.