SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Doing an outline would allow them to clean up the top right of the "N" (to be more rectangular and not a triangle) and finish the "D" (to have an opening in the center instead of being a green blob). 

Not sure why people make suggestions like this.  The logo is not going to change.  Just a border added for different backgrounds.  The hawk is making the letters with the shape of its head.  Any changes would compromise that.  The ND is subtle.  But it is still there.  No need to change it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not sure why people make suggestions like this.  The logo is not going to change.  Just a border added for different backgrounds.  The hawk is making the letters with the shape of its head.  Any changes would compromise that.  The ND is subtle.  But it is still there.  No need to change it.

I see it; however, based on the responses I see from others they just can't figure out there's a "ND" behind the hawk. 

10 hours ago, tho0505 said:

Yes, any half decent looking hawk would have been initially supported by 50-60% (including avid Sioux fans like myself).  70% of people on Herald disliked the new logo and over 70% on SiouxSports as well. With a half decent logo that percent moves to 50%, easily. I think you overestimate the amount of fans who are saying Sioux forever. 

It was time to move on, but this logo makes it harder...but that's a discussion for another thread. 

I read the siouxsports poll as 60% don't hate the logo. About as good as UND could've hoped for, IMO.

22 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

could you do us a fan and change your moniker to 'Hawkerfan7' ? you're sending us mixed signals.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

It is possible to cheer for both...

check his activity on this thread. it smells a lot like a he's got a snide 'I was right you all were wrong, now shut up and accept the consequences' tone.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ClassB said:

could you do us a fan and change your moniker to 'Hawkerfan7' ? you're sending us mixed signals.

What kind of mixed signals am I sending?  Are you judging me by my screen name or what I actually post?

1 hour ago, ClassB said:

check his activity on this thread. it smells a lot like a he's got a snide 'I was right you all were wrong, now shut up and accept the consequences' tone.

The point I was making in response to the logo being at center ice, is that I think that it should be to promote and market the new logo of UND.  A great way to do that is having it at center ice of the University's most popular sport.  

In regards to the logo itself, I was just stating that the modifications that people are suggesting are most likely not going to happen.  After all the money they spent on the logo production, UND isn't going to say that they screwed up and wasted their money and make changes to a logo that is not even a month old.

On 7/14/2016 at 2:12 PM, JTSchro said:

It's hard to admit, but I am sloooowly warming up to the logo. I do think the D needs a little work still, as mentioned prior, but this isn't bad.

You can stone me if you want, but I am warming up to the new logo being on a football helmet. 

On 7/15/2016 at 7:40 PM, Emerald joker said:

I still don't like it and I'm not warming up to it.

On 7/15/2016 at 5:06 PM, Goon said:

You can stone me if you want, but I am warming up to the new logo being on a football helmet. 

On 7/15/2016 at 7:12 PM, Irish said:

Stoning it is

On 7/15/2016 at 7:27 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

I've never hated it. I'm just so darn "meh" about it.

On 7/15/2016 at 7:40 PM, Emerald joker said:

I still don't like it and I'm not warming up to it.

I think they did a good job with the name they had to work with, which is OK.  

It's a sports logo.  Legacies and traditions are created through conduct and culture, neither of which will change.    

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Drafted players rankings came out. Jost at 18 and Boeser at 24. Surprised by that a little. If these 2 are on the same line it will be a thrill to watch all season  

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2016/7/20/12212480/2016-top-60-drafted-nhl-prospects-ranking

The guy does come out and state his biases atleast.  Hes a Canadian from Ottawa that doesn't get to see much much US hockey other than World Juniors.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OshieRoll said:

The guy does come out and state his biases atleast.  Hes a Canadian from Ottawa that doesn't get to see much much US hockey other than World Juniors.

This is true and one mans opinion won't be the same as the next. With that said we can all enjoy this season with both on the team. My money is on they will both be gone after this season. Boeser for sure and Jost 80% sure. 

10 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

This is true and one mans opinion won't be the same as the next. With that said we can all enjoy this season with both on the team. My money is on they will both be gone after this season. Boeser for sure and Jost 80% sure. 

Jost seems really intent and happy about playing the college game and at UND. I think he's for sure a 2 year player.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Agreed, a one and done at UND is a rare thing

Was just going through this a couple weekends ago.... and I know it's been talked about on here somewhere, but who is the last one to leave after 1 year? I couldn't think of anyone as far back as the 90s.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Was just going through this a couple weekends ago.... and I know it's been talked about on here somewhere, but who is the last one to leave after 1 year? I couldn't think of anyone as far back as the 90s.

Young guy here(21), so take my knowledge with a grain of salt, but the only one and done I know of is Belfour.