SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, tnt said:

So just think of how much money Lucia's hatred of UND has cost Minnesota by not playing us every year up until now.  

Of course, remember Lucia's famous quote that their traditional rivals were Bemidji, St. Cloud, Mankato and Wisconsin?

7 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I didn't know that, so thanks. I just got the email for their Pick-your-packs this morning and those are on sale July 20th. Doubt at those prices our games will sell out until single game tickets go on sale. 

Just another way of UND losing tickets away from home. We'll still be roaring louder at Mariucci than they will.

2 minutes ago, Emerald joker said:

I say the interlocking ND unless you want the ice at the Ralph booed

It'll be interesting to see how the hockey program implements the new logo. This will be a huge stance on their approach. The administration will push hard for the new logo to be there. 

OK, you can find a photo of the 2015-16 hockey cheer team here. You can see the interlocked "ND" at center ice.

SPASHAUYMCVDLIA.20151020153130.jpg

You can also (almost kinda) see it already says "North Dakota Hockey" already. I'd guess there'll be pressure for the new logo. 

Now, for today's amazing stat: In the picture is ... Leigh Jeanotte's granddaughter. 

New logo needs to be at center ice.  The hockey team has the most national attention of any team.  UND is going to want to develop brand recognition.  The hockey team can be the best ones to help that.  Many of their games are broadcast nationally.  Having the logo at center ice is going to get the Fighting Hawks brand out there.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

New logo needs to be at center ice.  The hockey team has the most national attention of any team.  UND is going to want to develop brand recognition.  The hockey team can be the best ones to help that.  Many of their games are broadcast nationally.  Having the logo at center ice is going to get the Fighting Hawks brand out there.  

Maybe they can compromise and put the new logo on the back tag of the penalty box attendant.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Emerald joker said:

Yes, that's a good way to make people like something by forcing it down their throats. That's gonna make me hate it even more than I do now!!! 

GO SIOUX!!!

Unfortunately, UND and the Ralph aren't going to check with the Sioux Forever crowd before they decide to use the logo in any capacity for any sport.  Including hockey.  If you don't like the new name and logo, you may want to avoid going to any UND games for a very long time.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

1 hour ago, tho0505 said:

Looks like a generic rink. Any thoughts on us having the new logo on the rink or will we go with the interlocking ND (despite it being in the legacy collection)?

CnLd9HMVUAE-kOU.jpg

Hopefully the old interlocking ND but not sure what they will do. Really wouldn't mind North Dakota wrote out like on the jerseys either. Would rather go no logo at center ice than use the new one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Unfortunately, UND and the Ralph aren't going to check with the Sioux Forever crowd before they decide to use the logo in any capacity for any sport.  Including hockey.  If you don't like the new name and logo, you may want to avoid going to any UND games for a very long time.  

I've been a season ticket holder for hockey for the last 7 years and I'm going to continue going and support the team I'm just not going to support the name. I don't yell the Fighting Hawks name, like I've said before it honestly doesn't feel right, but I've never booed it

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, NoDakFan said:

So my thought is it'll be the interlocking ND for this season. It's still a logo until after this academic year right? Only way the new logo is on center ice is if Kennedy tells Jody that it has to be.

After taking the interlocking ND logo off the ice once... I don't think they'll ever put it back on.