SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

19 minutes ago, southpaw said:

After taking the interlocking ND logo off the ice once... I don't think they'll ever put it back on.

That's what I think too. I know the jerseys are ordered for next year, but i wouldn't be surprised to see the new logo on the shoulder replacing the interlocking ND logo as well. As much as I dislike the new logo, I think you'll see the school try to brand the heck out of it, even with the hockey team.  We're stuck with it, until someday (fingers crossed), we have an alternative logo that looks sweet that the program can truly get behind. 

25 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

We're stuck with it, until someday (fingers crossed), we have an alternative logo that looks sweet that the program can truly get behind. 

Looks sweet to whom?  Are there seriously people on here that still think there is a logo -- any logo -- that will garner > 30-35% support out of the box?  Da Vinci with a brush made of Jesus' hair using the blood of God himself has zero chance.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Looks sweet to whom?  Are there seriously people on here that still think there is a logo -- any logo -- that will garner > 30-35% support out of the box?  Da Vinci with a brush made of Jesus' hair using the blood of God himself has zero chance.

Yes, any half decent looking hawk would have been initially supported by 50-60% (including avid Sioux fans like myself).  70% of people on Herald disliked the new logo and over 70% on SiouxSports as well. With a half decent logo that percent moves to 50%, easily. I think you overestimate the amount of fans who are saying Sioux forever. 

It was time to move on, but this logo makes it harder...but that's a discussion for another thread. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Yes, any half decent looking hawk would have been initially supported by 50-60% (including avid Sioux fans like myself).  70% of people on Herald disliked the new logo and over 70% on SiouxSports as well. With a half decent logo that percent moves to 50%, easily. I think you overestimate the amount of fans who are saying Sioux forever. 

It was time to move on, but this logo makes it harder...but that's a discussion for another thread. 

By any half decent looking hawk do you mean one that looks like all the other hawk logos? Because everyone (myself included) was adamant that it needed to be unique. Or did it need to have a head dress to pass the test?

The logo had zero chance of getting a majority support with UND fans off the bat. However, it is interesting to read the opinions of those who don't have any ties to UND because they are mostly positive.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

Sweet? Half decent? Those are an individual's emotional reactions to an inherently subjective piece of art. You're chasing a unicorn.

46 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

agreed, put out a better logo and I will be more likely to buy some merchandise. I like the sioux logo that the UND student put out. Buy that, make a few tweaks and you have a good logo that could be used in addition to the current one.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

agreed, put out a better logo and I will be more likely to buy some merchandise. I like the sioux logo that the UND student put out. Buy that, make a few tweaks and you have a good logo that could be used in addition to the current one.

:huh:

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Sweet? Half decent? Those are an individual's emotional reactions to an inherently subjective piece of art. You're chasing a unicorn.

You said that 70% of people would hate it regardless, I'm referring to 2 polls that showed how people initially felt about the new logo. I disagreed, 70% of people dislike a seriously poor logo, now again, with a half decent logo acceptance would be far higher.    No unicorns here, just a white dove with mascara... :)  

1 hour ago, tho0505 said:

The sample size of those "polls" is not exactly ideal for validity.  They don't represent all UND fans. 

1 minute ago, geaux_sioux said:

The sample size of those "polls" is not exactly ideal for validity.  They don't represent all UND fans. 

I'm not saying it's great for validity, but it is a poll and okay to reference it.  I'd say it's a good sample size to show general consensus.  How doesn't it represent UND fans at all? On a Grand Forks website and a  North Dakota forum, I'd say that's a good place to start to get peoples thoughts on the logo. 

Do you people also not step on cracks in the sidewalk because you don't want to fall and break your back??? I don't buy the curse...

I also believe it will be the ND at center ice and not he new logo but I have been surprised before. Too much white ice with the new logo (and I realize that sounds odd as I type it). I just think we need some sort of color in the middle. Besides, who wants a red line right through the bird?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Do you people also not step on cracks in the sidewalk because you don't want to fall and break your back??? I don't buy the curse...

I also believe it will be the ND at center ice and not he new logo but I have been surprised before. Too much white ice with the new logo (and I realize that sounds odd as I type it). I just think we need some sort of color in the middle. Besides, who wants a red line right through the bird?

Didn't the red line go through the mans head?

6 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

In all seriousness I'm not sure how they'd treat the new logo on the ice. Treat the white space as a void and run the red line as if it's behind the green? Or treat the whole thing as solid and run the red line behind all of it? It's an interesting point.

Like your pictures showed, they aren't going to put the center line over the logo.  They haven't done it in the past, why start now.  ANyone with some skill want to mock up a Fighting Hawks logo at center ice?!!

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

:huh:

Freudian slip. It was the Hawk logo that the student put out, but it had a resemblance to the Sioux logo. It was still completely Hawk, and I think it would help embrace the new name, but it was just a cool logo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

It is code for a bird with a head dress (in case it hasn't become obvious that was literally the only thing that was needed to for a new logo to have support). :)

The logo doesn't NEED to have a head dress or anything Native American related. I just liked that particular logo. I though it looked well and could certainly have a few tweaks. It was kind of cool to try to incorporate the general concept of a logo that so many people liked, while still making it a Hawk logo. 

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Like your pictures showed, they aren't going to put the center line over the logo.  They haven't done it in the past, why start now.  ANyone with some skill want to mock up a Fighting Hawks logo at center ice?!!

I think it will look great.

85134214.jpg