SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

Anyone else think that we need to add one more forward before the start of the season? 

Right now we are rolling with:

Juniors (3):  Poganski, Simonson, Olson

Sophomores (6):  Boeser, Gersich, Gardner, Janatuinen, Wilkie, Gornall

Freshmen (5):  Jost, Hoff, Bowen, Yon, Smith

Two extra forwards is pretty light, especially with a lot of underclassmen, and interchangeable players in the bottom 6.

26 minutes ago, as15 said:

Anyone else think that we need to add one more forward before the start of the season? 

Two extra forwards is pretty light, especially with a lot of underclassmen, and interchangeable players in the bottom 6.

My friend does not think they will be adding anyone.  

Just now, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I can use the downvote too Stone

Your rep on this message board is going down the tubes one negative rep at a time :lol:

It was just.... so.... bad.

I upvoted your response. And then immediately downvoted it ;)

On 7/5/2016 at 2:18 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

I'm originally from Schenectady! Wish I could swing a trip out there for the series. Enjoy it!

I've been teaching my friends the "Sioux Yeah Yeah" chants and "In Heaven There is No Beer" song so if Achilles Rink is silent, I have failed my objective. Schenectady will be the "Mini-Ralph" if I have anything to say about it! 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

I've been teaching my friends the "Sioux Yeah Yeah" chants and "In Heaven There is No Beer" song so if Achilles Rink is silent, I have failed my objective. Schenectady will be the "Mini-Ralph" if I have anything to say about it! 

Beautiful!

• Upvote 1

On 7/25/2016 at 2:14 PM, as15 said:

Well, we only had three in the title game last year and one of those was LJ. That being said, I'd prefer one more, but I think we'll be fine. Wasn't there a freshman coming in that played D, but it now a F? Was it Bowen?

7 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Well, we only had three in the title game last year and one of those was LJ. That being said, I'd prefer one more, but I think we'll be fine. Wasn't there a freshman coming in that played D, but it now a F? Was it Bowen?

Yes, Bowen has played both.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Ausmus and T-Pool have played forward also. Don't you remember Ausmus' tweet about the EGF kids (him, T-Pool) coming in and playing both F and D? 

Nope. Hence why I asked that haha.

Anyway... I like that we have guys with versatility.

On 7/25/2016 at 2:14 PM, as15 said:

I'm hoping they going to leave this one forward spot for next year to bring in a top end guy like Shane Bowers who is still uncommitted (projected first round player in 2017 draft). We have some solid players committed for the next 2-3 years, but it'd be nice to add a top end guy.   Barring an early transfer, next season I only see 2-3 spots available for forwards depending on who signs early.

Potential forwards spots for next season (2017-18)

Spot left from Schmaltz leaving

14 [A] Austin Poganski F Jr. St. Cloud, Minn. (Tri-City-USHL)
16 [A] Brock Boeser F So. Burnsville, Minn. (Waterloo-USHL)
17 Tyson Jost F Fr. Penticton, BC

3 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

So I read on another site that for the Sioux series with the gophers at the mooch one must purchase tickets for 3 other games in order to get tics for anyone of the 2 games. Any truth to that?

Its the real deal.  Its another programs attempt to keep UND fans out of the arena. 

https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=MensHockeyPickYourPack&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=

I am sure single game tickets will go on sale eventually once they fail to get people to but the packs.  Minnesota struggles to get fans to buy tickets for one game.  How do they expect fans to commit to 4?!!

11 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Its the real deal.  Its another programs attempt to keep UND fans out of the arena. 

https://www.mygophersports.com/Online/default.asp?BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::permalink=MensHockeyPickYourPack&BOparam::WScontent::loadArticle::context_id=

I am sure single game tickets will go on sale eventually once they fail to get people to but the packs.  Minnesota struggles to get fans to buy tickets for one game.  How do they expect fans to commit to 4?!!

Or commit to 6-8 if you wanted to go to both games against UND.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Taking a page out of Denver's book I see. That didn't work real well for them as Sioux fans still showed up in masses.

This is smart for Minnesota athletics. Release ticket packages for people hungry to get tickets to the North Dakota game. Why wouldn't they do something like it prior to selling single game tickets?  They haven't said it won't go on sale for single game tickets (which I'm sure it will), this way the athletic department is now selling far more tickets then they might have.  

John Buccigross Tweeted his CawlidgeHawkey preseason top ten. Gave a lot of love to the NCHC, with UND in the #1 spot. I was surprised to see two Big Ten teams on the list. Here is the list with his commentary about each team

1.North Dakota - Tyson Jost (Avalanch #1 pick) joins @BBoeser16, good D, & a goalie

2. Boston U - Cue The Verve Pipe. @CMcAvoy44 has Hobey Baker potential

3. Denver - Trevor Moore's summer signing with Leafs hurts

4. Duluth - No comment

5. St. Cloud - Twins, Jack & Nick Poehling with brother Ryan form "Bro Line"

6. Minnesota - From almost a buyout to extension for Lucia

7. Yale - Kevin Stevens son, Luke, is wagon material. Incoming Freshman

8. Boston College - Colin White (@Senators 1st rounder) could be in 60pt territory

9. Providence - Scout: "I think Providence has a chance to be really good"

10.Notre Dame - No comment

• Upvote 1