SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

3 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Jost seems really intent and happy about playing the college game and at UND. I think he's for sure a 2 year player.

Of course I hope I'm wrong but I just got that feeling when I read one of his interviews. 

14 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Jost seems really intent and happy about playing the college game and at UND. I think he's for sure a 2 year player.

"...North Dakota is a great program. They’re going to help develop him, get him to the next level. … He’s there for at least one year and we’ll see after that.” Joe Sakic

“Right now I see myself playing one or two years at North Dakota. My ultimate goal, the reason I went to school was to develop as a player and ultimately get to the NHL and win a Stanley Cup. That’s the main reason I chose North Dakota is because they put players in the NHL and that’s my goal. If I work on a few details in my game and get bigger and stronger, I figure one or two years.” Tyson Jost

With how early players sign nowadays, if he has a breakout year (which he will), we'd be lucky to get two years from him. Crossing my fingers, but I see Colorado making a strong push to sign him after this year.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, as15 said:

He is a top-10 pick that is coming into college already very polished.  If he is NHL ready after one year, it probably means him and Boeser each have 60+ points and the Ralph is worrying about not having enough room in the rafters, all of which I'm more than fine with.

Because they're guaranteed to add a couple of "natties," right?  After all, didn't Oshie, Parise, and Toews fill REA with them?  

Great players are great players...no slam-dunk national championship in one season, though.  Just ask Jack Eichel.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Because they're guaranteed to add a couple of "natties," right?  After all, didn't Oshie, Parise, and Toews fill REA with them?  

Great players are great players...no slam-dunk national championship in one season, though.  Just ask Jack Eichel.  

I prefer the Paul Kariya analog thank you very much : )

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

"...North Dakota is a great program. They’re going to help develop him, get him to the next level. … He’s there for at least one year and we’ll see after that.” Joe Sakic

“Right now I see myself playing one or two years at North Dakota. My ultimate goal, the reason I went to school was to develop as a player and ultimately get to the NHL and win a Stanley Cup. That’s the main reason I chose North Dakota is because they put players in the NHL and that’s my goal. If I work on a few details in my game and get bigger and stronger, I figure one or two years.” Tyson Jost

With how early players sign nowadays, if he has a breakout year (which he will), we'd be lucky to get two years from him. Crossing my fingers, but I see Colorado making a strong push to sign him after this year.

I think Jost will be pretty similar to Dylan Larkin....maybe not as fast (obviously) but a tad more headsy.  Agreed, we'll be lucky to get him for two.  On a side note, I watched Gersich play in the Beauty Leage last week, he looked really good.  We'll have to see if he can take that jump this year.

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I think Jost will be pretty similar to Dylan Larkin....maybe not as fast (obviously) but a tad more headsy.  Agreed, we'll be lucky to get him for two.  On a side note, I watched Gersich play in the Beauty Leage last week, he looked really good.  We'll have to see if he can take that jump this year.

I'm expecting a big jump from Gersich this year.  15 goals, 30+ points, possibly on the first line with Jost and Boeser.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Will be interesting to see where they put Gersich.  I think him or Poganski are on the top line with Jost and Boeser.  Of course, I am rooting for Pogo to be on the first line so we can have the feared, but classically delicious, PBJ Line!! :)

Poganski ever played on his off wing?  I can actually see Boeser being better on the left side (easier to generate offensive chances), so maybe move him over.

1 hour ago, NeedHockey said:
6 hours ago, as15 said:

I'm expecting a big jump from Gersich this year.  15 goals, 30+ points, possibly on the first line with Jost and Boeser.

1 hour ago, UND1981 said:

Also Wilkie.

1 hour ago, NeedHockey said:

Also Janayuinen and Gardner!

And Gornall.  Don't forget Gornall.   Pulling for this dark horse. 

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Will be interesting to see where they put Gersich.  I think him or Poganski are on the top line with Jost and Boeser.  Of course, I am rooting for Pogo to be on the first line so we can have the feared, but classically delicious, PBJ Line!! :)

I think they put Gersich on the top line with Jost and Boeser cuz him and Boeser started off together last season with Shmaltz and he had good chemistry with them. I think Gersich puts up 15 to 20 goals this next season, he scored 9 last season and he wasn't even on a scoring line. I think they keep Gardner and Poganski together on the second line cuz you don't want to break up chemistry you already have, and put either Wilckie or JJ with them

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, tho0505 said:

I guess when I see one or two, I think two. But, you have a great point.

On July 22, 2016 at 9:15 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Nicely done, Siouxperfan7!  

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 9:15 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:19 PM, MafiaMan said:

Nicely done, Siouxperfan7!  

I'm guessing Starman would think that this line would have a lot of jam. :)

• Upvote 4