SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

47 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

That logo better go at center ice.  We just won a national title in the first season as Fighting Hawks. The old logo was beautiful but cursed. 0 national titles to its name.

I do think it's interesting that we won a national championship the last year we played with the geometric and the year after the last players who played with the Brien logo left.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I do think it's interesting that we won a national championship the last year we played with the geometric and the year after the last players who played with the Brien logo left.

Actually we lost the championship game to BC that year:(

37 minutes ago, GreenWing said:

Actually we lost the championship game to BC that year:(

We won it in 2000 without the Brien logo and lost in 2001 with it. That's what I was saying.

EDIT: And I was wrong on that part. But, the new logo was used that season and that's when the "curse" started.

Emailed the Ralph general email box (fans@theralph.com) and inquired about how the new logo was going to be integrated at the Ralph, specifically at center ice.  Here was the response I got;

The new logo will be integrated into the game presentation for UND hockey games.  The plan for the logo in the building is a work in progress, but fans will definitely notice it. Have a good afternoon.

Garth Wiedrich

Marketing Manager

Ralph Engelstad Arena

One Ralph Engelstad Arena Drive

Grand Forks, ND 58203

(P) 701.777.0833

www.theralph.com

REA_script_Black

10 minutes ago, JTSchro said:

It's hard to admit, but I am sloooowly warming up to the logo. I do think the D needs a little work still, as mentioned prior, but this isn't bad.

I have to admit I am also warming to it. The black outline and black feather tips got my attention.

2 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

I have to admit I am also warming to it. The black outline and black feather tips got my attention.

Doing an outline would allow them to clean up the top right of the "N" (to be more rectangular and not a triangle) and finish the "D" (to have an opening in the center instead of being a green blob).