SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2016 - 2017 Season

Frozen4sioux

28 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I just got my tickets for the UND/Miami series out in Oxford next March. I can't wait! Anyone been to a game out there? Is the atmosphere as fun and intense as it appears on television?

Depends who is winning lol. I loved Oxford. My buddy and I were talking at the Vermont series and we decided it's our favorite road trip in the NCHC. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

I just got my tickets for the UND/Miami series out in Oxford next March. I can't wait! Anyone been to a game out there? Is the atmosphere as fun and intense as it appears on television?

It is a nice arena, not very large, but nice.  Parking is an issue anywhere near the campus.  There is a parking ramp close to the arena and I suggest parking there.  Parking after the game in the downtown area is also pretty tight, but it is lively downtown.  One word of caution though:  Some of the Miami fans don't like loud Sioux fans.  There was an issue in front of us with a female Miami fan complaining to the usher about a UND fan.  The usher talked to him and then to the lady again.  The guy was pretty quiet but she chose to go back and complain to the usher again.  They had security there watching the situation and the last time she complained I think they told her to just sit down.

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Depends who is winning lol. I loved Oxford. My buddy and I were talking at the Vermont series and we decided it's our favorite road trip in the NCHC. 

Awesome! My wife and I went to the Vermont series too and that was awesome. The only bummer was how out-matched UVM was compared to UND. 

4 hours ago, siouxstudent said:

Curious on how in demand tickets for the Denver series will be this year. I have 4 tickets each night in the 2nd row and wont be going. I typically give tickets away to friends/family but not these :)

Would you give them to some DU fans? Oh wait....they don't have any fans!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I had moved out to Ohio for a few years so jumped all over the games, especially when the NCHC was formed. Saw the inaugural game! Awesome little town, nice little rink but some years the season ticket holders don't show up as much (but they are perpetually "sold out" so we never really have much of a presence. Most UND fans got their tickets through the alumni association, returned player comps, or by donating money to MU to get preorder access), leaving the student section to do all the cheering. Also, its a dry arena :( . It can be really fun there, though, everyone from the fans (in the concourse anyway), to the concession/stand workers to the ushers were always super cool.

10 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Nope not it. Another hint (Individual Achievement)

This is why it needs to be team trivia (and not conference). Sorry. I don't watch the other seven like I do The One. ;) 

Having said that: Former NCHC players currently captain or alt captain of an NHL team. <-- pure guess

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This is why it needs to be team trivia (and not conference). Sorry. I don't watch the other seven like I do The One. ;) 

Having said that: Former NCHC players currently captain or alt captain of an NHL team. <-- pure guess

Nope (College Achievement)