SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

55 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

You would think being named Associate HC and likely to be the next head coach....and hopefully soon...he wouldn't jump ship. 

Although him getting OC at SDSU if they keep chugging along the next few years and he is successful there.....when their young HC ends up moving up to FBS....which is a high likelihood of......Danny could likely move up with him to FBS coordinator.  That potential opportunity might be too hard to turn down. 

If he does go.....and takes Jerry....that would be pretty devastating in my opinion. It would definitely mean a complete reboot. Which in the long run could be better....hard to say. 

UND scored more points than any other FCS team did against SDSU last year, except Illinois State which also scored 21 but played them at home. Reason for them to possibly consider Danny. 

I'm sure Danny isn't going anywhere.  He has a high score offense in the toughest league.  Defense needs to step up.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Schmitty credits his time with Dale and Bubba as base for his success per Tom Miller article.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/eric-schmidt-credits-und-coaches-time-in-grand-forks-for-aiding-path-to-mondays-national-championship-game

"I got lucky as a young guy to be around guys who really knew football and had to work scheme-wise to get their guys in good spots," Schmidt said Saturday during media availability in Houston before the Huskies take on Michigan for the national title. "The things I learned from Dale Lennon and Bubba Schweigert are really things we still use and have held the test of time.

The ST have kept michigan under the 25 yard line.  

6 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

In viewing their board it sounds like an internal hire

If I had to guess, they would be promoting their Running Game Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach which would leave an opening for an offensive line coach.

55 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

He’s the only coach in our staff with true d 1 experience 

I suppose he sees the ship doing down and doesn’t wanna hit the bottom 

What ship is going down? 

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

He’s the only coach in our staff with true d 1 experience 

I suppose he sees the ship doing down and doesn’t wanna hit the bottom 

LOL. Pawlak is the busiest guy on UND staff! He was headed for NDSU a couple of weeks ago after a coaching change and now he's off to SDSU, based on speculation about a replacement for departing OC. Love SS. Must be the most frightened, pessimistic fan base in all of FCS.

• Upvote 3

On 1/7/2024 at 11:20 AM, Sioux>Bison said:

I think he is looking for a FBS opportunity. I don’t think he transferred just to go to another FCS school. One of the best players on the defense last year deserves a shot

Can't remember - did he state a reason (on record) for entering transfer portal?  Any chance he winds up at UND again?  Just can't remember the specifics of this move.

I think everyone on  here is chicken little that Sky is falling and I don’t get it like you want whole thing to fail. I want to think on the positive side that if we have successful off season getting some key positions filled and adding depth we will be team that will be able to compete in Missouri Valley for the coming season. I think most of you forget to get to next level we need to get to where we are getting a seed and playing at home. Otherwise we’re going to end up with Big Sky opponent that is equal to us in quality of team. South Dakota went through this for years and was looking in from outside and now they have built their program to where they are same as NDSU. The strength  in FCS is in the Missouri valley and Big Sky and rest of competition is not to the level of these conferences. The way FCS is structured now getting to that level is even more difficult because of transfer rules and NIL money players want to go to schools where they get proven national attention.

• Downvote 1