SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

28 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Any word on McNaboe?  On Twitter he's posted offers from UIW, UNI, SFA, Mercer, Murray St, Robert Morris.

I think he is looking for a FBS opportunity. I don’t think he transferred just to go to another FCS school. One of the best players on the defense last year deserves a shot

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND football is becoming a good farm program for the FBS.

Well I, for one, am not buying the Tommy Schuster-to-Michigan State announcement. Gotta be a hoax. I have it on expert authority -- available on this very website over and over and over again -- that he's nothing but DII talent. I can't believe any BIG coach worth his salt would take on a portal QB from UND without researching this site to learn the  litany of his true limitations. You know, Tommy Two Gloves, noodle arm, too slow, too weak, etc, etc, etc.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Good for Tommy. MSU also got a portal QB from Oregon State, so it appears Tommy will slot in as the backup. Would be cool to see him get a chance at some point.

New head coach is from Oregon St. They came to MSU as a package deal.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

New head coach is from Oregon St. They came to MSU as a package deal.

And the top 3 QB's who were at Sparty all hit the portal so the only QB left is a towel waving good grades getting walk on.  Good role for Schuster. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SooToo said:

Well I, for one, am not buying the Tommy Schuster-to-Michigan State announcement. Gotta be a hoax. I have it on expert authority -- available on this very website over and over and over again -- that he's nothing but DII talent. I can't believe any BIG coach worth his salt would take on a portal QB from UND without researching this site to learn the  litany of his true limitations. You know, Tommy Two Gloves, noodle arm, too slow, too weak, etc, etc, etc.

_Tommy Strong.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Congrats to Schuster. Hope he has an opportunity to see the field and enjoy some further success, in whatever measure. Regardless, it has to be a dream come true for a former Michigan HS FB player of the year to end his career as a QB for one of his home state's BIG teams

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SooToo said:

If only the Michigan State head coach had ridden his bike by practice a couple of times this year.....he woulda known better....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

On 1/5/2024 at 5:24 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Cause our flagship U thinks - for some incredibly stupid reason - that football is second-tier …

There’s resources at UND for football coaches, but the department is mismanaged due to cultural issues (hockey, hockey, hockey) and historical trends. Rate of change is quite slow in the Dakotas, especially in Grand Forks.

I think you meant to say because no alums have stepped up the way Ralph Englestad did. 

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

All this talent but no playoff wins means only one thing …

Nope

You proclaim quite often that the coaches recruit lesser talent and they do not develop players.

Kitty , Wright and Tommy were developed well and moved on to a higher level.

Give credit where it’s due.

• Upvote 4

Schmitty credits his time with Dale and Bubba as base for his success per Tom Miller article.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/college/eric-schmidt-credits-und-coaches-time-in-grand-forks-for-aiding-path-to-mondays-national-championship-game

"I got lucky as a young guy to be around guys who really knew football and had to work scheme-wise to get their guys in good spots," Schmidt said Saturday during media availability in Houston before the Huskies take on Michigan for the national title. "The things I learned from Dale Lennon and Bubba Schweigert are really things we still use and have held the test of time.

• Upvote 4