SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

15 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

I think you meant to say because no alums have stepped up the way Ralph Englestad did. 

That’s one way to look at it. But only one single way and many exist.

15 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

That's what every program is. That's college football now. Just a money pit. 

All the FCS programs … other than South Dakota State 2x National Champs. Relationship there for sure …

No doubt they will eventually get hit by the transfer portal like every other FCS program …

12 hours ago, shep said:

Nope

You proclaim quite often that the coaches recruit lesser talent and they do not develop players.

Kitty , Wright and Tommy were developed well and moved on to a higher level.

Give credit where it’s due.

So, they developed talent but still can’t win playoff games? Doesn’t change the big picture. Nice try though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

No doubt they will eventually get hit by the transfer portal like every other FCS program …

They're going to be hit by the departure of all the "five and six years in the program" guys. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

They're going to be hit by the departure of all the "five and six years in the program" guys. 

Yeah, but this guy …

https://gojacks.com/sports/football/roster/mark-gronowski/12203

https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2024-01-06/south-dakota-state-qb-mark-gronowski-wins-2023-walter-payton-award?amp

… lots of questions regarding his future. 

9 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Wouldn't he be better off declaring for the NFL?   What does another in at Northwestern do for him?

He's getting offered BIG money to go to Northwestern. I'm hearing he will most likely take the money and go to Northwestern. Still weighing options though. 

Just what I'm hearing from a reliable source. 

5 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

It's not Luke. I'm also not saying who it is until the news breaks. If my source turns out to be wrong (99% sure they're correct), then it's not worth having spread that rumor. 

I guess the only thing I can think of would be Danny. As much as Danny had a few not so good games, I still think he is a good OC. Our offense next year is the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope for next year. With a hopefully more dynamic QB who can run a bit more and better deep ball.....I am curious to see how they progress next year. 

Other guy could think of is our OL coach? 

Seems like it has to be someone from our staff if it will be unfortunate for us. :sad:

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Be odd for Danny to leave unless he was told he is not going to be the next head coach or they are opening it up nationwide best man wins.  

Danny was here with Mussman too, probably would just want a fresh start somewhere. This would be a good career move for him.

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Be odd for Danny to leave unless he was told he is not going to be the next head coach or they are opening it up nationwide best man wins.  

You would think being named Associate HC and likely to be the next head coach....and hopefully soon...he wouldn't jump ship. 

Although him getting OC at SDSU if they keep chugging along the next few years and he is successful there.....when their young HC ends up moving up to FBS....which is a high likelihood of......Danny could likely move up with him to FBS coordinator.  That potential opportunity might be too hard to turn down. 

If he does go.....and takes Jerry....that would be pretty devastating in my opinion. It would definitely mean a complete reboot. Which in the long run could be better....hard to say. 

UND scored more points than any other FCS team did against SDSU last year, except Illinois State which also scored 21 but played them at home. Reason for them to possibly consider Danny.