SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

I think this is becoming norm here on the site we have several people bitching all the time it’s never anything positive but complaints. I don’t think people realize how fortunate we have quality football program here I look at some other schools who go for broke and they have little bit of success then fall flat and end up with years of loosing. We have quality program with quality student athletes and we’re close to moving to the top of the division but I believe reason it hasn’t been good enough because of success of our chief rival and success they have had. They reason all difference is coaching but it’s more than that it resources, location like city for attracting athletes, gaining a reputation of success, media coverage locally and nationally, and finally getting one or two players that pushes you over the top to have that winning season. So far we have been moving forward on some of those fronts but regionally we’re known as hockey school and not a football school. This is not the case with our regional rivals their known as football schools until we have long term success at football any move we make needs to be made with understanding if we have regression just puts us back to beginning of winning fans over and be also as football school. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

I think this is becoming norm here on the site we have several people bitching all the time it’s never anything positive but complaints. I don’t think people realize how fortunate we have quality football program here I look at some other schools who go for broke and they have little bit of success then fall flat and end up with years of loosing. We have quality program with quality student athletes and we’re close to moving to the top of the division but I believe reason it hasn’t been good enough because of success of our chief rival and success they have had. They reason all difference is coaching but it’s more than that it resources, location like city for attracting athletes, gaining a reputation of success, media coverage locally and nationally, and finally getting one or two players that pushes you over the top to have that winning season. So far we have been moving forward on some of those fronts but regionally we’re known as hockey school and not a football school. This is not the case with our regional rivals their known as football schools until we have long term success at football any move we make needs to be made with understanding if we have regression just puts us back to beginning of winning fans over and be also as football school. 

UND has won 54% of its games with Bubba as head coach. I think there is good reason people aren’t satisfied with that. It’s not good enough. But, what is good enough? 60%? 70%?

Regional rivals known as “football schools” - well what does it take for UND to become a “football school” … start flying a banner … or perhaps win more than 54% of the games played…

Also, to avoid the regression you talk about - and to be more consistent - it is critical to have solid coaching/leadership. There has been so many ups and downs it definitely falls on the coaches to a certain degree. 9-3 in 2016, then 3-8 in 2017, then 5-2 in spring season, then 5-6 in 2021. 7-5 in 2022. Such a rollercoaster of inconsistency…

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

Why is Olivera rushing for yards & not meters?

10 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

That's actually a great question that I haven't heard anyone ever ask.

Another question: Why do Canadian car ads talk about mileage instead of kilometerage?

Well, with those two conundrums to ponder I may as well take the rest of the day off. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/16/2023 at 8:45 PM, fightingsioux4life said:

That's actually a great question that I haven't heard anyone ever ask.

Another question: Why do Canadian car ads talk about mileage instead of kilometerage?

Is it a tie in to England? Because when I was over there I was surprised they also use yards and miles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...