SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Otis Weah still running fast and still not learning from it ... a year later (check out the red dates). 

Grand Forks Co. District:

Record Count: 1
Search By: Defendant   Exact Name: on   Party Search Mode: Name   Last Name: Weah   First Name: Otis   All All   Sort By: Filed Date   
Case Number Citation Number Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status
Charge(s)

18-2021-TR-03457
Weah, Otis
05/10/2021
-- Grand Forks County

Administrative Traffic E-Citation
Closed
TR-Speeding-6-10 mph over

Cass / Traill Co. District

Record Count: 2
Search By: Defendant   Exact Name: on   Party Search Mode: Name   Last Name: Weah   First Name: Otis   All All   Sort By: Filed Date   
Case Number Citation Number Defendant Info Filed/Location/Judicial Officer Type/Status
Charge(s)

09-2021-TR-06448
Weah, Otis
08/02/2021
-- Cass County

Closed
TR-Speeding-16-20 mph over
49-2022-TR-00445
Weah, Otis
05/10/2022
-- Traill County

Open
TR-Speeding-6-10 mph over

For those of you not geographically adept, Traill County is the one between Grand Forks County and Cass (Fargo) County. 

Maybe late for that recruiting trip to Mayville State

• Upvote 1

I think what most fans are critical about concerning Otis is that he let down his teambecause he shose not to go to practice and then had to miss a game.  I don't care who who are, but selfish acts that potentially cost your teams not only wins but confidence that you are going to be a reliable teamate should never be tolerated by coaches, teamates, fans, whoever.  I hope Otis can realize his mistakes and grows as a person and potentially finds a team that is willing to give him a second chance.  And I hope that he takes advantage of any team does that that.  But, I think we can all be dissapointed with how everything went down without ragging on Otis with unconfirmed reports.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, ToDaClub said:

You left out the driving after suspension, where a warrant was issued for failure to appear. 

I stopped at the ND district court level.

That "failure to appear" and "driving under suspension" only shows up in GF City Muni court. (And that's a tad worse than speeding I'll admit.) 

I just must comment on all of this.

Remember Otis is from Minneapolis… in Minneapolis these issues may have been ignored. There may have been little or no consequences. If he talked to relatives or had role models along this path… well, there would have been no fear of repercussions.

I am not saying that is true but the climate in Minneapolis is WAY DIFFERENT than Grand Forks. I do not know about Fargo-Moorhead.

Again, I feel sad an opportunity was wasted. And I understand the bad juju at the USD game….Bubba had a lot more than 4th down issues, IMHO.

28 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Remember Otis is from Minneapolis… in Minneapolis these issues may have been ignored. There may have been little or no consequences. If he talked to relatives or had role models along this path… well, there would have been no fear of repercussions.

I am not saying that is true but the climate in Minneapolis is WAY DIFFERENT than Grand Forks. I do not know about Fargo-Moorhead.

Again, I feel sad an opportunity was wasted. And I understand the bad juju at the USD game….Bubba had a lot more than 4th down issues, IMHO.

I checked this https://pa.courts.state.mn.us/Search.aspx?ID=100 for the state of Minnesota and I didn't find anything. 

3 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Isn’t he from Moorhead? Did he live in Minneapolis prior to Moorhead?

2 hours ago, Bison06 said:

Isn’t he from Moorhead? Did he live in Minneapolis prior to Moorhead?

On the roster his hometown was listed as Moorhead.  Don't know where the Minneapolis thing comes in?  Maybe like you said prior, but I've never heard that before.

7 hours ago, NDRA said:

On the roster his hometown was listed as Moorhead.  Don't know where the Minneapolis thing comes in?  Maybe like you said prior, but I've never heard that before.

Born in a refugee camp in Ghana, moved to Minneapolis, eventually moved to Moorhead.  Not sure on the timeline but he first lived in Minneapolis when he came to the US.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Is anyone else excited for fall camp just so we can talk about football instead of whatever the last few pages have been? Offseason is the worst.

Yes, as a matter of fact I am. 

23 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I think what most fans are critical about concerning Otis is that he let down his teambecause he shose not to go to practice and then had to miss a game.  I don't care who who are, but selfish acts that potentially cost your teams not only wins but confidence that you are going to be a reliable teamate should never be tolerated by coaches, teamates, fans, whoever.  I hope Otis can realize his mistakes and grows as a person and potentially finds a team that is willing to give him a second chance.  And I hope that he takes advantage of any team does that that.  But, I think we can all be dissapointed with how everything went down without ragging on Otis with unconfirmed reports.

Second chance? He’s already been given his second chance at least by UND. They invested heavily in his academics to get him in a place to be eligible and earn a degree after he !@#$ the bed academically. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Second chance? He’s already been given his second chance at least by UND. They invested heavily in his academics to get him in a place to be eligible and earn a degree after he !@#$ the bed academically. 

some people will play the victim card their whole lives.......he he's had plenty of chances.....

Anyone think it's the responsibility of the coaching staff of a HS FB team to drive down to the Cities to retrieve a kid so they can get him to class so he can hopefully stay eligible to practice and play?

I'd rather talk about "THoo32" (Tyler Hoosman) and what he'll bring this fall.
I think he's the "thunder" to go with the "lightning" already in place.

And I never have a problem with an "old guy" who appreciates athletics and academics in the room. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/16/2022 at 4:24 PM, Mama Sue said:

Minneapolis ignores speeding and driving with a suspended license? News to me.

I get what you’re trying to say, but being from Minneapolis doesn’t explain anything in this case (nor should it). 

9 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Is anyone else excited for fall camp just so we can talk about football instead of whatever the last few pages have been? Offseason is the worst.

Should be plenty of stories to talk about until Fall camp and thereafter.

ding - ding … that’s a call out to the media/GF Herald to do their job and write up at least one UND football related article per week. That’s not too much to ask. 

Im saying the above knowing full well that some of you will defend the Hearldo tooth no matter what (which is sure to bring criticism from you board experts). 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd rather talk about "THoo32" (Tyler Hoosman) and what he'll bring this fall.
I think he's the "thunder" to go with the "lightning" already in place.

And I never have a problem with an "old guy" who appreciates athletics and academics in the room. 

Keep forgetting we got him as a transfer, definitely will be valuable having that type of back in the arsenal. With him, Smith, Ziebarth and then still have Skokna and Mitchell.  Will Smith get the start? Seems like Smith may have a tendency to get dinged up so maybe they try to limit him to 15 carries or so a game?

8 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Keep forgetting we got him as a transfer, definitely will be valuable having that type of back in the arsenal. With him, Smith, Ziebarth and then still have Skokna and Mitchell.  Will Smith get the start? Seems like Smith may have a tendency to get dinged up so maybe they try to limit him to 15 carries or so a game?

I hope The Four Hoosman of The Apocalypse is our starter. Should be a good leader at the very least.

On 5/17/2022 at 11:02 PM, Sioux94 said:

does hoosman have a little burst and wiggle or is he like oliviera where he'll "truck ya"?