SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I can also see Otis laying a good thumping on a dback, given the size of Otis and the size of dbacks that is probably more likely. While our players will be jacked, Otis will also be extra pumped up playing in the Alerus again. Hope we are able to contain their ground game overall that day. 

Good assessment.  The LB's need containment and wrap up before he spins.

11 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

This guy obviously does not the whole story with Otis. Also, if Otis is taking a shot at a program that helped him and gave him lots of chances, then it’s foolish to expect there won’t be any shots back.

Otis was an all American and the best team he could get was Mo St????? Something doesn’t add up because not many teams at all were beating down the doors to get him. Why did Otis really transfer? Forced out? Or does he really want to blame his old team’s winning mentality? Why would you transfer down or even laterally if you are getting playing time? Did he really think he would get FBS offers? This journalist is not doing his job, also Tom Miller could be asking more questions!

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Otis was an all American and the best team he could get was Mo St????? Something doesn’t add up because not many teams at all were beating down the doors to get him. Why did Otis really transfer? Forced out? Or does he really want to blame his old team’s winning mentality? Why would you transfer down or even laterally if you are getting playing time? Did he really think he would get FBS offers? This journalist is not doing his job, also Tom Miller could be asking more questions!

What's done is done. 

What difference does it make to THIS UND football team?

He's gone. Move on.

• Upvote 3

Going to Missouri State and having an asshat like Petrino for a coach might be the best thing that could happen to Weah.  He's going to have to mature and do it right or he will be out on his ear.   Some times the tough love approach works.   It appears that he took advantage of Bubba and misused all the help he was given at UND.   For Otis it's sink or swim time, we'll see how he does in the deep end of the pool.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

I don't know how accurate this report at this link is concerning what Trav is earning in 2022, but not too shabby at all, if true:

https://salarysport.com/american-football/player/travis-toivonen/

EDIT: Might be able to afford a studio apartment in Secaucus with that kind of bank.

So he plays for Ny and they play in NJ, how does that work for state income tax, I’m sure both are rather pricey and what is an apartment per month 8 to 10 grand?

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

No, it’s a joke. He was a guy I liked quite a bit when he was here actually. I like to cheer for an unsung kind of guy on the hockey team kind of like a Rodwell type player.

Glad you can appreciate guys who find themselves at the next level with hard work as Toivonen appears to be doing. 

4 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

I don't know how accurate this report at this link is concerning what Trav is earning in 2022, but not too shabby at all, if true:

https://salarysport.com/american-football/player/travis-toivonen/

EDIT: Might be able to afford a studio apartment in Secaucus with that kind of bank.

If I'm interpreting that and a few other sites correctly, I don't think his contract is guaranteed unless he makes the roster as he was signed to a reserve/futures contract. I think only $3,500 of it is guaranteed at this point.
That being said, he's sure seems to be doing all the right things to get there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Msmith said:

This is what everyone does not understand, you will not be seeing Otis play in October UND Vs. Missouri State. Otis is banned from stepping onto UND property or any property leased by UND. He will not be able to play this game! 

Whether the stipulations you're brining up are accurate or not, the Alerus Center does not fall under any of those guidelines.
UND is a tenant who rents out the building on a handful of Saturdays each year.

I'll be happy to offer a correction if I'm wrong.
And that's not to say he'll play, but my guess is if he doesn't, it won't be for the reasons you mentioned but more academic related.

2 hours ago, Msmith said:

This is what everyone does not understand, you will not be seeing Otis play in October UND Vs. Missouri State. Otis is banned from stepping onto UND property or any property leased by UND. He will not be able to play this game! 

I’m not sure how that works……

3 hours ago, Msmith said:

Wrong