SiouxSports.com Forum

Former Players

geaux_sioux

11 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

His progress from fr at UND to where he is now athletically is pretty crazy.

I remember making it to a Champion Club luncheon the year Travis committed to UND.  Danny happen to be at my table and I asked him about Travis.  He told me he was going to be very good.  He has improved every year no quit in this Hawk.  I think he could a good possession receiver in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Nodak78 said:

I remember making it to a Champion Club luncheon the year Travis committed to UND.  Danny happen to be at my table and I asked him about Travis.  He told me he was going to be very good.  He has improved every year no quit in this Hawk.  I think he could a good possession receiver in the NFL.

It's been pretty amazing to me to see how well he is doing after college considering most thought he was probably the 3rd best WR on the team when he graduated....behind Wanzek and Maag.  Really hope Maag has a huge comeback/breakout year this fall. 

Thought I’d start a running list of former players currently playing or coaching beyond UND. Please let me know who I am missing and I can add them. 

- Matt Waletzko - OL - TBD 

- Travis Toivonen - WR - NY Giants 

- Kenny Golladay - WR - NY Giants 

- Chris Kuper - Offensive Line Coach - MN Vikings

- Brady Oliveira - RB - Winnipeg Blue Bombers 

- Deion Harris - DB - Toronto Argonauts 

- Mason Bennett - DL - Hamilton Tiger-Cats 

- Tyron Vrede - LB - Ottawa Redblacks

- John Santiago - RB - German Football League 

- Eric Schmidt - Special Teams Coordinator - University of Washington 

- Luke Schleusner - Offensive Coordinator - Idaho 

- Greg Hardin - GA - Oregon State 

- Tim Tibesar - Defensive Coordinator - University of Akron 

- Jake Landry - Offensive Coordinator - University of St. Thomas 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/25/2022 at 8:25 PM, Nodak78 said:

He was also thrown in there as a freshman and he made an impact right away. His work ethic is like none other to improve and get even better after college. Hard work is the only reason he is where he is and is a great role model for kids who want to make it to the NFL!

1 hour ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

As a cowboys fan I am hype as hell 

Cowboys fan here too.....love it! Cowboys drafted another Tackle in the first round....so Matt may not be expected to play right away. Looking forward to seeing him in a Cowboys jersey!