UMD vs AHA champ (AF)

Minny vs Notre Dame

Providence

WMU vs PSU

Union vs Providence

NH

Harvard vs OSU

BU vs Cornell

Only swapped 5 and 7 (Minny and Union for attendance) as well as 9 and 11 (UND host)

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

Playing with Pairwise Predictor ... 

With a split in Minneapolis, I think we are in.

If we lose two, we might still get in if there are not too many upsets elsewhere.

Key risks to UND's at-large bid:

* If BC wins Hockey East, they are in.   Can't get them in without winning HE.   

* If Quinnipiac wins ECAC, they are in.  Also can't get them in as an at large with a loss.

* In the Big Ten, if both Penn State and Ohio State win playin games, then if Minnesota loses its semifinal, then an autobid goes to a team currently behind us (WI, PSU, tOSU).

Yeah I ran those scenarios too. The Big Ten can wreck havoc on the pairwise with those extra games. 

1 hour ago, franchise said:

Moy tweeted a scenario showing them in with a title game loss

Sure, and I wasn't clear in expressing myself.   I agree there are scenarios that get BC in without them winning Hockey East.   Those scenarios are also good for UND, because they involve all the favorites winning their league tournaments.   What I couldn't find was a scenario with BC in as an at large bid and UND out. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Sure, and I wasn't clear in expressing myself.   I agree there are scenarios that get BC in without them winning Hockey East.   Those scenarios are also good for UND, because they involve all the favorites winning their league tournaments.   What I couldn't find was a scenario with BC in as an at large bid and UND out. 

I see what you're saying

I know the primary issue is getting us into the tournament.  But has anyone checked to see how high we can get if we win the Frozen Faceoff?

I can't get us higher than 7th.  I can get us past Union, but not BU.

Edit:  I should add that I ask this question because the CHN probability matrix shows that 1.2% of the outcomes have us higher than 7, but I haven't found them just playing around.

9 hours ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Yeah I ran those scenarios too. The Big Ten can wreck havoc on the pairwise with those extra games. 

gawd I hate the big 10/6 .... however I can't imagine a loss to the #1 team will hurt us too bad but ... then the 3rd place game carry's huge weight in pairwise with a win

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

One win and we're in.  Barring that, we'd really like to see Quinnipiac and Boston College lose.  One interesting thing I've found running various scenarios is the B1G can have anywhere from 1 to 4 teams in the tournament.

Yeah, I think it will be interesting after the Thursday games once Jim Dahl and the guys at CHN and USCHO crunch the numbers to see where everyone stands going into Friday.  I have to believe that if both PSU and OSU crap the bed on Thursday and lose that we have to be as close to in as you can get without actually being there.

• Upvote 1