SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

1 hour ago, Rebel_Sioux said:

Took the screen shot too early for the top ten. Go UNH tomorrow.

UNH is tied for 34 in the Pairwise; Lowell is sitting at 8.  If the Wildcats win, Lowell could potentially drop below UND?  That would move us to 9.

• Upvote 2

Is it time to give @MafiaMan a hard time yet? Can I finally say that loss to MSU did not matter? Can I say to MM he can- NOT complain about the MSU loss anymore!? Or is it still a little early? ;)

Just poking fun buddy....But I have been waiting all year (since that weekend) to hopefully say this. 

See you in Minneapolis..

2 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Several very flippable PWR just ahead of us based on RPI and either tied PWR where we lose on RPI or ones where an RPI flip will make us tied with RPI as tie breaker that would flip the comparison.  

Well it would be great to be sitting at 8 or 9 if UNH comes through instead of Lowell.  Still worried that we are vulnerable (pairwise) going into Minneapolis.

Would love to see updated scenarios if anyone has them heading into Frozen Faceoff.

i would have to think that we are "good" when it comes to an at-large berth for NCAAs?  Even if the boys in green go 0-2 at Target Center? 

Or does UND need to win one in Mpls to be safe?

• Upvote 1

We will play either UMD or DU.  A loss to either hurts, but is not RPI killing.  

I feel pretty safe in terms of a bid right now.  Many top 16 teams will be playing each other in playoffs, which means someone's PWR has to get dinged.  

I don't have Monte Carlo software, but that's what logic is telling me.