SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

Omaha wins today and their QWB goes up enough that we flip Notre Dame.  

I know, just for this week.  Saturday night around 10:00 is when the magic happens and the PWR actually means something.  We have a lot of hockey games across the country before that happens.  

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Actually, no. UND can't flip the PWR with Duluth no matter what this season. The old 0-4 against a team will do that to you. 

All that said, win the next six and the PWR is rather inconsequential. 

(Whispering voice) Psssst...that was kinda the joke, Sicatoka.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I spent all night crunching the numbers and if my calculations are correct, should UND win its next 6 games, the Fighting Hawks will be ranked #1 in the Pairwise!

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Actually, no. UND can't flip the PWR with Duluth no matter what this season. The old 0-4 against a team will do that to you

All that said, win the next six and the PWR is rather inconsequential. 

17 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

(Whispering voice) Psssst...that was kinda the joke, Sicatoka.

Joke Part II:  @bigskyvikes

National Champions but still not #1 in the Pairwise?  I TOLD YOU THAT THE MICHIGAN STATE WEEKEND WAS A KILLER!  

• Upvote 1

I have UND winning the third place game and with some other results they end up 9th in the pairwise.  Nothing unrealistic, Harvard wins ECAC, BU wins HE, Canisius wins AH, BG wins WCHA, Denver wins NCHC, and Goldy wins B1G. 

I ran some scenarios too and UND would have to go 0-2 PLUS teams like Michigan AND Quinnnipaic would BOTH need to win their conference tournaments for UND to miss the cut by one. 

i think we may know by Friday night if UND is a lock. 

• Upvote 2

Things will obviously change with a weekend of games to go but interesting scenario with current spots in pairwise.

Cincy

DU vs. Mich. Tech

Lowell vs. Notre Dame

Manchester

UMD vs. Air Force

Union vs. Cornell

Fargo

Harvard vs. Ohio St.

Minnesota vs. UND

Providence

WMU vs. Penn St.

BU vs. Providence

I just placed these regions where overall #1 gets overall #4....I know they will move teams.

Right now you have issues with the 2 and 3 seeds as Lowell and Notre Dame can't play each other and Union and Cornell can't play each other and BU and Providence can't play each other...you have 2 HE as 2's and 3's and ECAC has 1 of each so it is not possible to just switch 1 matchup. I know everyone wants the Gophs/UND game in Fargo but it can't happen right now as you would probably have to flop Notre Dame and Cornell and also flop Minnesota and BU.

IF UND is 11 they should be placed with the 3 and 6 and 14. attendance isn't a problem in Fargo no matter who the other 3 teams are so do they ship UMD east?

Playing with Pairwise Predictor ... 

With a split in Minneapolis, I think we are in.

If we lose two, we might still get in if there are not too many upsets elsewhere.

Key risks to UND's at-large bid:

* If BC wins Hockey East, they are in.   Can't get them in without winning HE.   

* If Quinnipiac wins ECAC, they are in.  Also can't get them in as an at large with a loss.

* In the Big Ten, if both Penn State and Ohio State win playin games, then if Minnesota loses its semifinal, then an autobid goes to a team currently behind us (WI, PSU, tOSU).

• Upvote 1