15 Canisius vs. 2 Minnesota Duluth
9 Penn State vs. 7 Boston University

West Regional (Fargo):
16 Bemidji State vs. 1 Denver
12 North Dakota vs. 5 Minnesota

That's one hell of a West Regional!!!

That Providence regional is poopy.

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Question for fans, given team matchups, who would you rather have to play in the NCAA tourney? Denver or Duluth? Denver is on an 11 game win streak. Duluth has lost once in their last 13. Bottom line, they are both very good!

UND tied Denver 1-1 and lost 3-2; though that was back in November.

Duluth has significantly outplayed us 4 straight times.

Personally, I think I would rather see Denver over Duluth. Denver seems to matchup a bit better, and Duluth seem to have our number this year. Plus, it is just always fun to play Denver, and lets face it, after ending their season last year, it would be fun to do it again.

If we are going to catch lightning in a bottle(assuming we make the field) and make a run again we would almost be better of going in as #13 which keeps UMD and DU out of our region as I honestly think someone else would have to do the heavy lifting for us to make a run this year. I think if we play our best game we are close enough to at least a 50/50 tossup against everyone else who would be in the field but against DU and UMD I think we are a 2 in 10 or 3 in 10 proposition this year.....and I know Michigan was probably a 1 in 15 against us but there wasn't the familiarity with each other in that game.

In the 2003-04 season, we beat Denver 8-2, 6-2, 6-1 and tied 1-1 during the regular season. Then we played them in the West Regional in Colorado Springs... and were shut out 1-0... (IIRC, Ryan Hale missed on a breakaway about a minute into the game)  Denver then went on to win back to back titles... Just sayin'... I doubt Denver or Duluth really want to play UND in Fargo regardless of how confident they may be (or say they are)...

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JLP157 said:

In the 2003-04 season, we beat Denver 8-2, 6-2, 6-1 and tied 1-1 during the regular season. Then we played them in the West Regional in Colorado Springs... and were shut out 1-0... (IIRC, Ryan Hale missed on a breakaway about a minute into the game)  Denver then went on to win back to back titles... Just sayin'... I doubt Denver or Duluth really want to play UND in Fargo regardless of how confident they may be (or say they are)...

That was a heartbreaker...We were the best team...DU was the fourth best team in the conference that year...

15 hours ago, petey23 said:

If we are going to catch lightning in a bottle(assuming we make the field) and make a run again we would almost be better of going in as #13 which keeps UMD and DU out of our region as I honestly think someone else would have to do the heavy lifting for us to make a run this year. I think if we play our best game we are close enough to at least a 50/50 tossup against everyone else who would be in the field but against DU and UMD I think we are a 2 in 10 or 3 in 10 proposition this year.....and I know Michigan was probably a 1 in 15 against us but there wasn't the familiarity with each other in that game.

lots of hockey left...passing SCSU then on to the cities...probably play DU, Duluth or both...win NCHC and I would assume our pairwise sky rockets...even with 1 win in Minny moves us up 

for what it's worth: http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2017-03-08/mens-hockey-bracketology-where-things-stand-two-weeks-ahead

West – Fargo, N.D.                                            

4 Western Michigan vs. 13 Wisconsin
5 Minnesota vs. 12 North Dakota

Rationale: The way this broke down, it was easy enough to maintain bracket integrity while also making for an intriguing regional. With North Dakota back in and tickets long ago sold for this regional, it made the most sense to me to just leave it as is. A traditional rivalry that is no longer a conference rivalry with Minnesota and North Dakota going head-to-head in the first round? That ought to be good.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

for what it's worth: http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2017-03-08/mens-hockey-bracketology-where-things-stand-two-weeks-ahead

West – Fargo, N.D.                                            

4 Western Michigan vs. 13 Wisconsin
5 Minnesota vs. 12 North Dakota

Rationale: The way this broke down, it was easy enough to maintain bracket integrity while also making for an intriguing regional. With North Dakota back in and tickets long ago sold for this regional, it made the most sense to me to just leave it as is. A traditional rivalry that is no longer a conference rivalry with Minnesota and North Dakota going head-to-head in the first round? That ought to be good.

I just read this and would love to see it shake out this way but i am sure a lot will change in the next two weeks. 

53 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Where would UND expect to sit in the pairwise, IF we won the NCHC Tourney? I would assume that would bump us up to a #2 seed in Fargo. Maybe not?

If we sweep St Cloud, and then beat Duluth and Denver in Minneapolis, I would think that would boost us up pretty high.  

15 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Judging from Jim Dahl's pairwise breakdown this week, it looks like we most likely stay at #12 if we win 2 games vs SCSU.

Is it just me or does it seem like we still need to win 1 game in Minneapolis if that's the case?

Most likely…Cornell, Providence and Wisconsin are our adversaries right now…this week should hold serve …the next one is when things could shake up

3 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

Most likely…Cornell, Providence and Wisconsin are our adversaries right now…this week should hold serve …the next one is when things could shake up

I disagree with this, especially with respect to Providence and Wisconsin.

We just need the games to go "pairwise chalk" this week.  Wisconsin dumps Ohio St. two games.  Providence knocks off Notre Dame.  We beat SCSU.  I'm more interested in seeing all those teams behind us get drilled, and basically have their season ended.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, yelo09 said:

Doesn't Providence play Notre Dame this weekend? I would think a Notre Dame sweep would almost flip flop the two teams? Would a split be more beneficial here? Obviously I haven't run the numbers.

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

If we sweep St Cloud, and then beat Duluth and Denver in Minneapolis, I would think that would boost us up pretty high.  

Would think beating Denver would help because it would even the season series.

4 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Doesn't Providence play Notre Dame this weekend? I would think a Notre Dame sweep would almost flip flop the two teams? Would a split be more beneficial here? Obviously I haven't run the numbers.

I ran sweeps for both teams. A Providence sweep is better than a Notre Dame  sweep.