SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

21 minutes ago, petey23 said:

My point is I am more and more starting to feel our fans drift into Gopher fan territory with arrogance and lack of respect for other programs. To be fair, I don't know if runaroundsioux thought it would be funny because an eastern team and #1 seed at that would have to travel west to play or if he doesn't think much of the Harvard hockey program?

4 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

I've seen Harvard play. I don't think it would be hilarious to have to play them.

Reading comprehension please.

2 hours ago, runaroundsioux said:

I watched Harvard embarass BU. We don't want them in Fargo.

Bullish-t.  I'll take anyone in fargo at this late, on the bubble hour.  And if it's an east coast team, even better.  I don't think anyone is disrespecting anyone.  We all know Harvard is a very good team.  We all want the boys to just make it.  And if it results in an east coast team having to travel back a time zone - even better!  

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, BeazSioux said:

Bullish-t.  I'll take anyone in fargo at this late, on the bubble hour.  And if it's an east coast team, even better.  I don't think anyone is disrespecting anyone.  We all know Harvard is a very good team.  We all want the boys to just make it.  And if it results in an east coast team having to travel back a time zone - even better!  

When was the last time an east coast team did well at a regional not on the east coast?

I will wait for the answer since I don't know. 

15 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

When was the last time an east coast team did well at a regional not on the east coast?

I will wait for the answer since I don't know. 

The Miracle in ND, Holy Cross at The Ralph when they beat MN, (That was one hell of a game), but then we beat them the next day.

5 minutes ago, yzerman19 said:

Looks like Moy went an alternative route to all scenarios laid out by the collective body here.  I was surprised that he put Harvard in Manchester vs Providence...I guess it's probably close to equidistant.

This week’s brackets

East Regional (Providence):
13 Wisconsin vs. 4 Western Michigan
11 Providence vs. 8 Union

Northeast Regional (Manchester):
14 Notre Dame vs. 3 Harvard
10 Cornell vs. 6 UMass Lowell

Midwest Regional (Cincinnati):
15 Canisius vs. 2 Minnesota Duluth
9 Penn State vs. 7 Boston University

West Regional (Fargo):
16 Bemidji State vs. 1 Denver
12 North Dakota vs. 5 Minnesota

That's one hell of a West Regional!!!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This week’s brackets

West Regional (Fargo):

The #1 overall seed getting the 5 instead of the 8, 7 or 6. So much for bracket integrity and the #4 gets the 8 instead of the 5, 6, or 7.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, runaroundsioux said:

Why does he always make Fargo the Region of Death?

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

To screw us over?

To be fair, Moy doesn't select the brackets. He just tells you how the committee will select them. I believe he is spot on every year too.

In other words, don't kill the messenger.

24 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

This week’s brackets

West Regional (Fargo):

He is usually correct, but I don't think they put the number #1 overall seed in Fargo to play either the host team or #5 overall seed in Regiional Final.

Not much of a reward. 

20 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

To be fair, Moy doesn't select the brackets. He just tells you how the committee will select them. I believe he is spot on every year too.

In other words, don't kill the messenger.

He is usually spot on  the final brackets. I think he might like to stir it up a little bit leading up to it.

• Upvote 2

Question for fans, given team matchups, who would you rather have to play in the NCAA tourney? Denver or Duluth? Denver is on an 11 game win streak. Duluth has lost once in their last 13. Bottom line, they are both very good!

UND tied Denver 1-1 and lost 3-2; though that was back in November.

Duluth has significantly outplayed us 4 straight times.

Personally, I think I would rather see Denver over Duluth. Denver seems to matchup a bit better, and Duluth seem to have our number this year. Plus, it is just always fun to play Denver, and lets face it, after ending their season last year, it would be fun to do it again.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Question for fans, given team matchups, who would you rather have to play in the NCAA tourney? Denver or Duluth? Denver is on an 11 game win streak. Duluth has lost once in their last 13. Bottom line, they are both very good!

UND tied Denver 1-1 and lost 3-2; though that was back in November.

Duluth has significantly outplayed us 4 straight times.

Personally, I think I would rather see Denver over Duluth. Denver seems to matchup a bit better, and Duluth seem to have our number this year. Plus, it is just always fun to play Denver, and lets face it, after ending their season last year, it would be fun to do it again.

Dulth, because I could not stomach losing to Denver and seeing them advance to Frozen 4.  Besides it is tough to beat a team 5 times in a year (LOL).

14 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Dulth, because I could not stomach losing to Denver and seeing them advance to Frozen 4.  Besides it is tough to beat a team 5 times in a year (LOL).

You mean like we didn't last year?  4 wins during regular season, lose to them at frozen faceoff.