SiouxSports.com Forum

PairWise Rankings

jimdahl

2 hours ago, GoalieMask said:

Would love to see updated scenarios if anyone has them heading into Frozen Faceoff.

i would have to think that we are "good" when it comes to an at-large berth for NCAAs?  Even if the boys in green go 0-2 at Target Center? 

Or does UND need to win one in Mpls to be safe?

To be safe, I'd say UND needs to win 1 more. Today's game between Omaha and WMU could also be important if we do come out of Minny 0-2, as a loss to Omaha would do more RPI damage than a loss to WMU. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, cberkas said:

I'm pulling for Omaha.

I want Michigan Tech to beat Mankato.

Wouldn't Omaha then have a chance at an auto bid as they cant get in with an at large bid. They have to win the the tournament to get in right? That wouldn't be good for us if we lose this coming weekend and end up on the bubble. Duluth, Denver and western are all locks for the ncaa. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Wouldn't Omaha then have a chance at an auto bid as they cant get in with an at large bid. They have to win the the tournament to get in right? That wouldn't be good for us if we lose this coming weekend and end up on the bubble. Duluth, Denver and western are all locks for the ncaa. 

Definitely cheering for Western, (1) Lock for the tournament and great PWR (2) Although big difference in PWR, I don't think Western is that much more talented. In fact, I like how we match up better with Western. 

Other games today: Lowell & Clarkson. Besides if they play UND, I want to Top 8 who are locks for the tournament to keep winning. It does nobody any good to have UNH running around with a chance to take the auto bid. 

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping for an Omaha win as well.  I'd prefer UND vs. Duluth Friday night at the Target Center instead of UND vs. Denver Friday afternoon.

If UND loses their first game they will be playing for their lives against a team with nothing to play for (Denver, Duluth, Western...spots secured) or a team who is playing their last game of the season (Omaha).  If they can't win that third place game with everything on the line then golf season it is. 

12 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

Omaha should be in the top 16 with a win, but still would need to make the championship game.

Plus Blais making the NCAA's again on what could be his last season would be great too.

3 minutes ago, AJS said:

Definitely cheering for Western, (1) Lock for the tournament and great PWR (2) Although big difference in PWR, I don't think Western is that much more talented. In fact, I like how we match up better with Western. 

Other games today: Lowell & Clarkson. Besides if they play UND, I want to Top 8 who are locks for the tournament to keep winning. It does nobody any good to have UNH running around with a chance to take the auto bid. 

I don't see UNH getting the autobid from Hockey East.

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I spent all night crunching the numbers and if my calculations are correct, should UND win its next 6 games, the Fighting Hawks will be ranked #1 in the Pairwise!

Actually, no. UND can't flip the PWR with Duluth no matter what this season. The old 0-4 against a team will do that to you. 

All that said, win the next six and the PWR is rather inconsequential. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

UND losing 2 games at the TC with one of them to UNO wouldn't be helpful. We want UNO to lose today.

If we play Omaha in the 3rd place game, they would have nothing to play for, except possibly the last game for Blais, but yeah it would be a bit safer the other way.

15 minutes ago, tnt said:

If we play Omaha in the 3rd place game, they would have nothing to play for, except possibly the last game for Blais, but yeah it would be a bit safer the other way.

Losing to a lower rated team is not good. Beating them is meh at this point. Bring on the Dawgs.

• Upvote 4