SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Denver

AZSIOUX

A response that I got from the UND Athletic Department regarding the Saturday game.

Hi Steve-

Kyle Doperalski (kyle.doperalski@athletics.und.edu) is the best person to answer your questions from our office. I will say, though, that Midco is very aware and working hard to add road games to the schedule. This year they’ve worked out partnerships for UND men’s hockey games at SCSU, Minnesota Duluth, Western Michigan and Omaha. ROOT Sports is a bit different. As it is owned by DirecTV, they obviously want you to switch to satellite, or have cable companies pick up their channels full time.

Hope this info helps. Have a good day.

Matt

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Well, for one, we are the No. 2 team in the country, so by standings alone, it makes sense. Outside of that, I'm not sure. Maybe against a Boston school since they are probably the biggest names.

Id love to see us play Quinnipiac, I dont mind they are the #1 ranked team, but I would almost guarantee we would be the favorite vs them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, siouxstudent said:

Id love to see us play Quinnipiac, I dont mind they are the #1 ranked team, but I would almost guarantee we would be the favorite vs them.

The way I see it, they are the same team that we smoked in the regional, maybe with a bit better with a healthy Anas, and we are better than we were last year.

16 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

It probably won't trend and I would retweet it If I saw it BUT, I will be wearing Fighting Sioux gear this weekend. My Denver relatives who are DU fans will continue the old joke "Fighting Whioux" and I will now respond with an annoyingly loud hawk screech. Then I will follow up by saying: Well, you seem happy that the Sioux name is gone, now you get to put up with this. 

#CaCaaaaaaaaaaa

PERFECT! Well done, sir :)

• Upvote 2

Just read every player is healthy and available for this weekend......so who sits?  

On D IMO it's either Thompson or Shaw.

Forward lines

CBS

LJ Chyzk Pogo

Gersich Gardner Wilke

JJ Simo St Clair

3 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Just read every player is healthy and available for this weekend......so who sits?  

On D IMO it's either Thompson or Shaw.

Forward lines

CBS

LJ Chyzk Pogo

Gersich Gardner WIlke

JJ Simo St Clair

I like the lines however I like Olson's size in there.  Not sure who he plays over, only St. Clair I guess.  On D there should be a rotation between Wolanin and Shaw.  Thompson can play loosy goosy but he needs to stay in there, it's not the time of year to sit juniors who are talented and that have played in some big games.

Would rather see Olson in over Wilkie. If neither are going to score I'll take a two way hard checking forward who will body someone when need be. amazing the difference between between wilkie and Brock and they shared ushl goal lead last year. Didn't expect much from Wilkie but only 4 points as of now.

wolanin and shaw should should split if not wolanin both. 

Nice to see CBS back together 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, AZSIOUX said:

Would rather see Olson in over Wilkie. If neither are going to score I'll take a two way hard checking forward who will body someone when need be. amazing the difference between between wilkie and Brock and they shared ushl goal lead last year. Didn't expect much from Wilkie but only 4 points as of now.

wolanin and shaw should should split if not wolanin both. 

Nice to see CBS back together 

In my opinion, Olson is the first forward I would sit. Sure he brings a physical presence but to me nothing else. His skating holds him back drastically. He's the slowest guy on the ice and I thought Wilkie was starting to play quite well before his injury. Just needs to get the monkey off his back as well and pot a couple.