SiouxSports.com Forum

UND FIGHTING HAWKS @ Denver

AZSIOUX

26 minutes ago, best0186 said:

Thanks.

Then it is UND's responsibility to get it's contracted carrier, Midco, to pick up Saturday's game.

I would believe that Midco is under no contractual obligation to pick up another TV carriers game.

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

I would believe that Midco is under no contractual obligation to pick up another TV carriers game.

I agree with that. But it wouldn't hurt for UND's Athletic Department to push for it.  If for any reason to see how bad Midco really wants to renew its contract.

I like Midco's product for home games but we need a better option for away games. Having to subscribe to both Midco & DirectTV isn't an option for me. 

Just now, best0186 said:

I agree with that. But it wouldn't hurt for UND's Athletic Department to push for it.  If for any reason to see how bad Midco really wants to renew its contract.

I like Midco's product for home games but we need a better option for away games. Having to subscribe to both Midco & DirectTV isn't an option for me. 

Oh, I agree. I think you will see Midco get the boot if they don't allow more UND hockey games to be shown on the national scope. Every UND hockey game should be on the TV, whether it be DirecTV or MIDCO.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Oh, I agree. I think you will see Midco get the boot if they don't allow more UND hockey games to be shown on the national scope. Every UND hockey game should be on the TV, whether it be DirecTV or MIDCO.

I wrote an email to Midco to "encourage them" to possibly pick up the feed.  Probably won't help, but it is worth a try. Maybe I will send something to the Athletic Department as well.

Good Morning,
I am writing to request that you pick up the feed for the UND men's hockey game on February13, 2016. The game is being played in Denver and is being broadcast on Root Sports RM (Rocky Mountain). On SiouxSports.com there are many people inquiring if Midco will be picking up this game and providing it to its subscribers.  Denver is probably UND's biggest rival and it would be nice to be able to get this game televised locally.

• Upvote 2

Another option is WDAY Xtra for the Friday Night game.  They picked up American Sports coverage of the Dub-Mish game and I think they are lined up to do the UND-UNO game at the end of the month (the one that is airing on American Sports).

They also show a lot of College Football games in the fall - some B and C level schools.  It would be nice if they could pick up some College Hockey games from the East and show those from time to time....if there was an easy button to make all that work.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoalieMask said:

Another option is WDAY Xtra for the Friday Night game.  They picked up American Sports coverage of the Dub-Mish game and I think they are lined up to do the UND-UNO game at the end of the month (the one that is airing on American Sports).

They also show a lot of College Football games in the fall - some B and C level schools.  It would be nice if they could pick up some College Hockey games from the East and show those from time to time....if there was an easy button to make all that work.

WDAZ Xtra is going to have the CC vs. Denver game next Thursday.

20 minutes ago, tnt said:

WDAZ Xtra is going to have the CC vs. Denver game next Thursday.

Bonus!  Thanks for passing that along. 

the "Battle on Blake" - the outdoor game isn't even on ROOT Sports last i checked.  That's the Saturday game on the 20th.

57 minutes ago, GoalieMask said:

Bonus!  Thanks for passing that along. 

the "Battle on Blake" - the outdoor game isn't even on ROOT Sports last i checked.  That's the Saturday game on the 20th.

No, the battle on Blake game will be televised. I just saw a commercial for it.

Below is the response I got from Midco today. She also incorrectly stated that they will be on NCHC TV. I did respond to her with that correction, as well as letting her know that as soon as a deal is struck (whenever that may be in the future) that home games are shown on a national network or something from a Satellite provider Midco would be dropped like a bad habit in my household.  I know at least a dozen people with that sentiment. 

If anyone else wants to write a note, her email is: Laura.Anderson@midco.com

Here is the response:

Steve,

The Midco Customer Service Department passed your emails on to me and that is why I am contacting you. Attempts were made on our end to bring back the North Dakota at Denver men’s hockey series this weekend but unfortunately we will not be airing either of the games.

You are able to watch via the NCHC (www.nchchockey.com)

Thank you for your time,

Laura Anderson

Programming Manager

Midco Sports Network

5 hours ago, Goon said:

Oh, I agree. I think you will see Midco get the boot if they don't allow more UND hockey games to be shown on the national scope. Every UND hockey game should be on NATIONAL TV, ON DIRECTV OR DISH NO MATTER WHO PROVIDES THE INITIAL COVERAGE

FYP

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, siouxstudent said:

I wonder if/when we will see our team as a dog this year.

North Dakota at Denver
Fri 2/12   159 North Dakota    -245         
10:06PM   160 Denver    +175   

Well, for one, we are the No. 2 team in the country, so by standings alone, it makes sense. Outside of that, I'm not sure. Maybe against a Boston school since they are probably the biggest names.

44 minutes ago, best0186 said:

Below is the response I got from Midco today. She also incorrectly stated that they will be on NCHC TV. I did respond to her with that correction, as well as letting her know that as soon as a deal is struck (whenever that may be in the future) that home games are shown on a national network or something from a Satellite provider Midco would be dropped like a bad habit in my household.  I know at least a dozen people with that sentiment. 

If anyone else wants to write a note, her email is: Laura.Anderson@midco.com

Here is the response:

Steve,

The Midco Customer Service Department passed your emails on to me and that is why I am contacting you. Attempts were made on our end to bring back the North Dakota at Denver men’s hockey series this weekend but unfortunately we will not be airing either of the games.

You are able to watch via the NCHC (www.nchchockey.com)

Thank you for your time,

Laura Anderson

Programming Manager

Midco Sports Network

She said it's on the NCHC? Is she mistaken or are they putting Sat's game on there?

5 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Apparently Rapid City has Root Sports with Midcos basic cable according to their website, wonder why not GF/Fargo.

It certainly does, on channel 27. There's a better question for midco. I'm guessing ROOT may be the Rapid City regional sports network, like FSN is for us in Grand Forks.

6 minutes ago, sprig said:

It certainly does, on channel 27. There's a better question for midco. I'm guessing ROOT may be the Rapid City regional sports network, like FSN is for us in Grand Forks.

Appears that way. But it should at least be an add on. They seem to have every other sports network available and already have it in their "data base."

I'll just have to head over to my brothers and watch it on Directv. Bonus the projector is still set up from the Super Bowl. Makes tracking the puck easy. :)